Where is this? {Pic Quiz: World}

Calanais Stone Circle on the Isle of Lewis, Scotland.

1 Like

Ring of Brodgar

OK so that was slightly easier than the pervious menhir apparently

:small_airplane:

No dabian…

That’s was lucky.
I was about to log out and get reallife’d when I decided to check one more post…

So, now I have no time to find a picture. Wanna try another one?

That confused me for a moment: im like whats shit got to do got to do with it?

I have to go out too now

So the door is open…
Anyone, feel free to post ahead!

I’m not completely sure whether the gray and brown thing which is covered in plastic in the picture can still be said to have a name, so I’ll ask the question this way:

What is, or was, that thing’s name? (In either case, where “is” or “was” applies, the name would be the same, as far as I’m concerned.)

P. S. I didn’t thoroughly check this thing for “leaks” (image-search vulnerabilities, inadvertent giveaway clues, etc.), so this may be a quick one.

Is it the former Ormond hotel?

1 Like

Yes, great work! And I was mistaken. I just read that it’s being renovated. Earlier, I read the word “demolition,” and I thought, well, that’s it for that one. Lemme find your appropriate prize icon, be right back. Found it! :kick_scooter:

We have to destroy the village to save the village. :sunglasses:

1 Like

My quiz was demolished, too! I’d prepared a nice clue, and I didn’t get to use it (I would have left out the names):

In Ulysses, Leopold Bloom left that hotel’s bar in order to go to another bar, and on the way, he looked into an antique shop window and either read or recalled (it’s not clear from the text) the last words of Robert Emmet, and as he recalled them he broke wind.

2 Likes

Is Bing more powerful than Google when it comes to image searches? Seems so, right?

I can rustle up something to fill the gap now, hang on

Leaderboard
:aerial_tramway: :aerial_tramway: :aerial_tramway: :aerial_tramway: :aerial_tramway: :aerial_tramway: :aerial_tramway: :aerial_tramway: :aerial_tramway: __DR_MILKER (:trophy:)
:church:
:ship:
:tractor:
:kick_scooter: :kick_scooter: :kick_scooter: :kick_scooter: :kick_scooter: :kick_scooter: __ __ __ __GEAJVOP
:small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: __ __ __ __ RICKROLL
:european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: __ __ __ __ __ TANDO
:european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: __ __ __ __ SHIADOA
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: HANNES
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ __ __ __ __ MA3XIU1
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ __ __ __ __ __ FEI-FAN
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ __ __ __ __ __ HANSIOUX
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ CHARLIE_JACK
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ TEMPOGAIN
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ TANGO42
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ GAIN
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ LIAM_OG
:earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ MICK
:earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ GABOMAN
:earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ ZEPTO

Maybe, but I’m not sure. Google seems to allow me to supplement the reverse image search with a word or words (that could just be my imagination), and I don’t think Bing does that.

But it’s helped me two or three times, when for some reason, Google couldn’t. Also, I had a lot of trouble Bing-proofing Livorno. I was like, okay, Bing recognizes Livorno, so lemme just put the lighthouse in and leave everything else out, and Bing was like, “Livorno.” So I was like, okay, lemme put everything in except the lighthouse, and Bing was like, “Livorno.”

I figure Bing must like Livorno the way Google likes Audrey Hepburn.

1 Like

Is the points list in order …or just a random list @hannes ? Is it some new German listing method ? :joy: I joke, appreciate your work really. :kissing_heart:

You mean the emoticons?

The winner is Milker , 2nd is etc,