Where is this? {Pic Quiz: World}

I get your clues now, but I haven’t figured out what to do with them. I’m not sure what Buck Mulligan has to do with your picture. :slight_smile:

OK clue 3: “Buck”

17 Sandy Cove Point, near entrance to James Joyce Tower and Museum

1 Like

Yeah, I get that–Buck Mulligan–but I don’t know what Buck Mulligan has to do with that house. I read 2/3 of Ulysses twice, but I think it was in the late 1980s-early 1990s. So if there’s a connection between that house and Buck Mulligan, it’s lost on me. :slight_smile:

I would have preferred if you had worked the phrase “Martello Tower” into that

:mountain_cableway:

I saw different names, so I decided to use the official name of the site. Martello does have a nice ring to it though.

1 Like

The grey bricks on the top left is the Martello tower. That is the scene of the opening lines of le boek what you referred to in your previous pic

I went in another direction :joy:

1 Like

you don’t think that may be a little “Times Crossword” ???

Wow, sex robots have really come a long way since that model!

You say that like its a bad thing.

Well we got there in the end. Or Milker got there in the end. Got to find the cows blind spot. Any ideas?

Well, I never read Ulysses, so maybe my sleuthing skills are pretty transferable…

Well, I have a peculiar mind, I guess, because I don’t remember much about the beginning. I remember Bloom fantasizing about having sex on the hood of a car and punning on “naughty” by the use of the word (nonce-word?) “noughtn’t,” I remember him trying to see if the goddess in the sculpture had an anus, and I remember him farting has he recalled (or read?) the words of Robert Emmet.

I also remember becoming very angry around the 2/3 mark, because it seemed to me that the “format” had drastically changed, and that made me feel that the work I’d done to figure out what was going on was for nothing. So I stopped reading. Twice. :slight_smile:

If we make clues realistic, more people would guess, by all means not super easy , but some readers are not in Publishing , or hold a Doctorate in Literature and , although I enjoy a challenge , it can get too difficult with limited time available.
Only my opinion .

1 Like

Yea I just flicked through the book and only remember the opening scene, the scene where the flow of thoughts jumps from the mind of passer by to passer by, something about soap, and the last chapter.

1 Like

Im going to try the math based clues again next time

Also I owe you one after the standing stones yesterday, sorry again about that

I wish I’d read it a third time. Oh, also, years later, flipping through the book, I saw somewhere in there that somebody says, “Kiss my Irish a–e,” and I’d never heard or read that particular version of “Kiss my a–” before.

It’s difficult, but I think it’s worth it.

Biandang time.

1 Like

just understandable to a wider audience is fine…I read Classics and , probably , as I have forgotten most over 40 years, struggled to see the connections////Your finding skills are immense btw.

1 Like

I fear , I was interested to find my Aunt’s House, by the sea, ergo…distracted somewhat…no worries

1 Like

Wrapping things up at work here, so anybody feel free to post.