Where is this? {Pic Quiz: World}

If only it were that neat and pretty.

At the risk of being a real pain in the arse:

Looking for the address

Untitled

Clues continued from before Clue 4: “Mulligan” 769.4 kilometers from the Martello Tower as the crow flies

12 Rue de l’Odéon, 6th Arondissement, Paris, France, the original address of Shakespeare and Company, Sylvia Beach’s bookstore. It’s also supposedly the place where Ulysses was first published.

Supposedly???

:parasol_on_ground:

yup
I was still musing from memory about the question of whether Greek Goddesses have anuses?

:joy::joy:

What, you can’t multitask?

Its actually not the original address of Shakespere and company, they moved to there from another address

You reading a different wikipedia to the one im reading? :grin:

Well, that’s what it says on the plaque. But also, I guess I shouldn’t get the point, because 12 Rue de l’Odéon was not the original Shakespeare and Company address, it was the second one, according to Wikipedia. I meant to correct that before clicking “Reply,” but I forgot to.

No you got the point allright. I asked for the address and you gave the address

1 Like

Plaque reads:

En 1922 dans cette maison M.elle Sylvia Beach publia “Ulysses” de James Joyce

yes , having to read Joyce at 15 years old, tends to result in selective memory :drooling_face:

I also misspelled Arondissement. It should have been Arrondissement, with two r’s.

If only you knew how many " balls" , I am juggling with…

Don’t ask…

1 Like

:astonished:

Jesus, that sounds like torture, hard times in the guantanamo bay school for boys

1 Like

Housemasters have no emotions, on the other hand I can recite pages of Shakespeare and tell you which pages of Classic novels contain the 'naughty " bits …

To repeat:

I have a memory of a very good comedy sketch about that kind of thing but I cant find it :frowning: (maybe monthy python)

who the hell spells arroundisement corretomentally though?

1 Like