Where is this? What is this? Who is this? etc. (Pic Quiz: World)

The name of the guy who didn’t visit the city in German sounds like someone who beats iron…

Irkutsk

1 Like

Irkutsk and Eisenhower

In 1960, Irkutsk was set to be visited by President Eisenhower. The visit did not take place, due to the fact that an American spy plane was captured in the USSR airspace. However, Irkutsk had already thoroughly prepared for it. The fountain, which is still on the Kirov square, was created in preparation for the presidential visit. A paved road from Irkutsk to Lake Baikal was also constructed for the arrival, which never took place. Now tourists have a much easier time traveling in and out of the city.

Hello from the other side

There is a city in Chile called Punta Arenas. It is the furthest city south of the 46th parallel south. It is also the antipode of Irkutsk: it is located diametrically across from it.

LEADER BOARD
:soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: __ __ __ __ __ __ :man_firefighter:DR_MILKER (:1st_place_medal: :1st_place_medal: :two::one::five:)
:tv: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ :fire: GEAJVOP (:2nd_place_medal: :nine::zero:)
:tv: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ :uk: SHIADOA (:five::zero:)
:video_game: :video_game: :video_game: :video_game: :video_game: :video_game: :video_game: :video_game: :video_game: :video_game: RICKROLL (:3rd_place_medal: :five::four:)
:camera: :camera: :camera: :camera: :camera: :camera: :camera: __ __ __ BOJACK (:seven:)
:camera: :camera: :camera: :camera: :camera: :camera: __ __ __ __ CHARLIE_JACK (:two::six:)
:camera: :camera: :camera: :camera: :camera: :camera: __ __ __ __ :de: HANNES (:2nd_place_medal: :six::seven:)
:camera: :camera: :camera: :camera: __ __ __ __ __ __ THE BEAR (:one::two:)
:camera: :camera: :camera: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ ROOFTOPCLOWN (:three:)
:camera: :camera: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ MICK (:three:)

Players of previous rounds who have yet to make a correct guess
INCUBUS (:3rd_place_medal: :three::four:) TANDO (:five::five:) TEMPOGAIN (:three::four:)
HANSIOUX (:two::eight:) MA3XIU1 (:one::nine:) CHARLIE PHILIPS (:one::four:) FEI-FAN (:one::four:)
WINDY TOWN (:one::three:) FUMAROLE (:one::one:) WAI (:six: ) TANGO42 (:three:)
ZEPTO (:three:) GAIN (:two:) GRUEN (:two:) HEYHO (:two:) LIAM_OG (:two:) SHAOLEFEN (:two:) BRIANJONES (:one:) GABOMAN (:one:) OWNLEYES (:one:)

Sorry . Could not seem to find the Eisenhower clue and you know I am useless at Google maps :joy: Interesting Railway …looking at all Stations , I would like to do the journey one day

Didn’t know that Eisenhower had indeed German ancestors. Now I know.

The Eisenhauer (German for “iron hewer/miner”) family migrated from Karlsbrunn in Nassau-Saarbrücken, to North America, first settling in York, Pennsylvania, in 1741, and in the 1880s moving to Kansas.

The Transsiberian railway goes through pretty boring landsapes for most of the time, but it get’s interesting once you arrive at Irkutsk (Baikal Lake) and then further on to the Pacific coast.

Name of Station

It’s not Leatherhead Station, but looks a bit similar. In England?

Not In The UK. YOU should know this :grinning:

I’m trying to find it, but couldn’t get anywhere…
Any hint?

Roooskie Land

2 Likes

I have no idea what this means but I like it!

1 Like

Let me translate into Film Language for you :grinning:

Is it in Kazansky?

Here is the full pic

Tataurovo, Buryatia, Russia!

1 Like

I don’t know how you find these places!

:tv: All this work and 3 of us are level :grinning:

1 Like

Back to cars, which one is this?
back