Where is this? What is this? Who is this? etc. (Pic Quiz: World)

It’s easy to control the excitement, especially when people don’t post clues . The odd time is understandable, but it sure does slow things down :thinking:hannes does his best to compensate . I vote Milker should post the next 6 clues :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey, I gave a great clue. The next guess after that got the point!

That was a rare occasion when you posted , after grabbing a point . Tablet problems :roll_eyes::wink::joy: Only joking

Ah, I get it now. Good point.

no…i really just joke because time and circumstances mean that we all have to break off sometimes

Looking for the name of this historic port city and the people who founded it:

Start with a wild guess Port Royal Jamaica … OoArghh Pirates matey?

Wrong hemisphere.

Interesting history , though … Black Sea area?

Negative, mon.

Nagasaki Harbor?

Hahaha sorry peeps, totally forgot about this once I got home.

Looks like the port city of Cebu in the Philippines. Found by Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan.

Can’t be it if “hemisphere” is used in the meaning of northern/southern half of the globe. Don’t think it is used to describe front/back side of planet. So the harbor should be in the southern hemisphere (South America, Southern Africa, Australia, etc.)

I’d guess S. Africa, not Cape Town but some other coastal city. No time to search, though.

The Philippines is in the Eastern hemisphere though, compared to Jamaica, which is is in the Western Hemisphere. :sunglasses:

hemisphere can be used for any rough half of the globe depending how you slice it. Northern and southern is more normal because we orient the globe north to south. But orient/occident is also an eastern/western hemispherical alignment.

'K, let’s wait for the milkboy to clarify that

Right harbor, but I’m looking for the people who founded it.

Portuguese in the late 16th century?

:soccer:

Your peeps, ha ha.

1 Like