Where my email alerts at?

The notifications lists are broken again. Might have something to do with forumosa sending out mail as “forumosa@gmail.com” now.

Edit: Never mind, my mail sorting broke after the address change and it was all dumped as spam. :s

[quote=“914”]

Si. In your profile, there is a selection for receive email notification. Click yes, and you will be notified when you get a PM from Forumosa.[/quote]

I have question regarding notifications too. I know about the options in the profile window and I also clicked the box to receive notifications for replies to my posts. Someone replied to a thread I posted in “Living in Taiwan” but I did not receive a notification. My thread was merged and revived an older existing thread from 2003. Would that be why I did not receive the email?

Now it got worse. :s
I posted in like 3 threads and I received zip for notifications when replies were posted. I also received pms and no notifications. I checked my emails this morning before logging on to Forumosa. I had no messages. When I logged on to Forumosa, the pop up window for received pms appeared because I had a new message. Two out of three threads I posted in yesterday got replies but I got no notifications via email.
The option is properly selected in my profile window.
Why is it doing that? :help:

Edit: thanks to the moderator who moved this post to the proper thread. :blush: once again.

Actually the last two posts should be merged with this thread: [Email contact not working?

The issue with not getting private message notices and “someone replied to your post” message is separate from the other issue of getting emailed all new posts.

Guys, this email thing seems to be a major flaw.

I actually locked myself out of Forumosa last week because I tried to change my email address in hope of getting my notifications through a different email address than the one I used to have. I had to get in touch with Gus to reactivate my account because the confirmation wouldn’t be sent to the new account either. So obviously, neither hinet or gmx email addresses work.

A friend of mine just tried to set up a new account on Forumosa and couldn’t because obviously, Hotmail doesn’t receive Forumosa emails (password confirmation!!!) either.

:help:

this is related to the way we set up the server. actually, its related to what we have NOT yet set up.

give us a bit more time to work this out. sorry! :frowning: :blush:

[quote=“Goose Egg”]this is related to the way we set up the server. actually, its related to what we have NOT yet set up.

give us a bit more time to work this out. sorry! :frowning: :blush:[/quote]

Seems like it’s all fixed now. Thank you.

Now my E-mail alerts thingy is broke. Who do I have to blow around here to get it turned back on?

That would be Maoman

[quote=“hatch”][quote=“Goose Egg”]this is related to the way we set up the server. actually, its related to what we have NOT yet set up.

give us a bit more time to work this out. sorry! :frowning: :blush:[/quote]

Seems like it’s all fixed now. Thank you.[/quote]
Thanks for letting us know. We’re still discussing the mail server situation here, so this matter actually is not yet resolved.

I still got no E-mail alerts. Maoman, whip that little feller out and let’s get this over with…

It’s all fixed for good now it seems. I’m getting normal notifications. :slight_smile:

Thanks you.