Where to buy a BBQ smoker?

Where can I find a BBQ smoker such as a Weber Smokey Mountain 22 inch? Or even a off-set smoker… I want a charcoal/wood fire smoker… not a gas or electric one.

I have been looking everywhere… and really can’t find anything close to decent…

1 Like

Here’s one if you can wait a bit, price looks pretty OK?

https://www.u-buy.com.tw/en/catalog/product/view/id/429476/s/weber-731001-smokey-mountain-cooker-22-inch-charcoal-smoker-black/weber-smokey-mountain-cooker-inch-charco

I guess there could be crazy shipping charges though, on closer examination

1 Like

I hear some people make them out of 55 gallon drums…

1 Like

I’m actually thinking of buying one myself.

There’s such good meat here in Tuscany; but they don’t use this technique.

I’m not sure if they deliver to Taiwan, but here is a nice list of smokers. I found here the one for my dad. I took Char-Griller 1224, I didn’t try it, but dad completely satisfied with it.

Wow, when I move to Taiwan I think I will bring one with me. That’s twice the price in the US. Actually I think I will need a gas grill and a smoker.

You ever thought about making one? I heard people make them out of old gas cylinders. Those are everywhere in Taiwan.

1 Like

i have a friend build this kind of item
please take a look https://www.ruten.com.tw/item/show?22034144219518
his name is Andy Chang and you can mention my name as well as Roberto

This item is FULLY MADE IN TAIWAN - Taichung Manufacture

Also don’t be afraid to order from Taobao. All the good smokers in the US are all made in China. You can save a lot of money this way.

1 Like

Yes was going to say taobao.

If my dad had lived here with me in Taiwan, I would have considered it, but he is in the States

I can assist you, but you will need a plasma cutter/TIG welder. They are not terribly expensive to buy but maybe you can try to loan one?

But you would first need to make sure any tanks you use is actually empty unless you want to blow up your house. There are also lots of 55 gallon drums around here that is probably good to use as smokers.

Pretty insane actually that so many people here dont understand how much cheap and amazing stuff is on Taobao

MAYBE because in Taiwan starting to consider that “MADE IN CHINA” is sinonym of … Sh&T

1 Like

Yes but thats not true, there are loads of good stuff made in China. Most of the stuff you are going to buy from IKEA or anywhere is going to be made in China. Of all the MADE in CHINA stuff, the best stuff is on Taobao, because there are reviews and pictures and the vendors are scared to get 差評

YES…just become dependent of China products make Taiwan CHINAHOLIC of all…NO THANKS … I prefer to get items MADE IN TAIWAN instead of so CHEAPPY and goodie made in CHINA!! also IKEA do not produce all in CHINA

2 Likes

If you want made in Taiwan smoker make it yourself from gas cylinders. You can’t get more Taiwanese than that.

1 Like

Lots of stuff in Taiwan is made in China, lots of stuff in US is made in China. Lots of good stuff is made in China. I’m not sure what you are getting that is made in Taiwan, but a good chance it’s made in China.

Another idea for Taiwanese smoker…

2 Likes

That’s brilliant!