Where to buy RPG dice books?

Does anyone know of anywhere in Taiwan that sells roleplaying books and dice? I tried to order a set of dice from Amazon, but they wouldn’t ship to Taiwan.

Alchemy is where I go for D&D stuff when I can’t get stuff shipped. The following are the two Alchemy shops I go to:

台北市大安區忠孝東路三段305號9F-1
( 愛爾麗醫美樓上 )
Sec. 3, Zhongxiao E. Rd., Da’an Dist.,
Rm. 1, 9F.,
Taipei City 106

北市大安區羅斯福路三段 273 號 2F
( 棉花田生機飲食旁 )
Sec. 3, Roosevelt Rd., Da’an Dist.,
2F., No.273,
Taipei City 106

OMG! I walk by Zhongxiao Fuxing station everyday and I didn’t know there’s an RPG store there! YAY! :bravo:

Now:

WICF people to play RPGs from time to time? :roflmao:

EDIT: I’ve been in the Zhongxiao East Road this afternoon. They have dice, lots of tabletop games and a couple of RPG books: D&D, eclipse phase, paranoia, midnight, anima, and two or three i never heard about. I think that for dice it’s a good resource, but for books is better to check if the publisher offers a digital edition (like eclipse phase, for example).

Anyway, if i need dice, now I know where to get some. :slight_smile:

Hi to all!

I was looking in the web for some possible groups of RPG in Taipei to join. It has been a while that I don’t play, but still a lot of enthusiasm about it.

I read your post and I hope that someone of you can help me.

Thanks a lot!

Felice ( Italy)

I read this a few weeks ago and hope it helps:

wired.com/geekdad/2012/09/ta … in-taiwan/

Join the facebook groups “Taipei Card & Boardgame Enthusiasts” for table top stuff, and its sister group “Taipei D&D and Model Enthusiasts”. They are the best ways to find players and meet up with other gamers in Taipei.

The board/card gaming group meets in ShiDa’s Caca City and the Youth Park’s Caca City a few times every week, so they’re pretty active. There are also many D&D groups going… not sure about other groups.

Looking for Taipei RPG stores

I got a bad link when clicking on the above ‘Alchemy’ link. Are they still open? Chinese name and phone number please? Any other, newer ones?

My boys, going on 6 and 10, have asked Santa for a couple of the DND 5e books and dice and some minifigs. I know I can fill in via online sites like miniaturemarketdotcom in case St. Nick forgets anything, but I would still like to know where in Taipei there are RPG stores with D&D stuff , specifically:

good metal minifigs if they make them anymore (I’ve only seen plastic online)

the highest quality plastic ones, failing that (Nolzur’s look decent online)

heavy laminated hex-grid or square mats for playing on with a 5’ scale suitable for the

minifigs (may make my own, of course – the former B&Q (Orange) has rolls of patterned adhesive shelf paper, some clear for laminating homemade playing boards)

good minifig paints (I have artist acrylics I can convert, but the coverage, density and thickness of the old D&D paints in the 80’s was convenient)

and similar goodies.

2 Likes

Hey @Dragonbones,

So cool to see you are on the FLOB still! It is very cool that you sons are into D and D, my son is almost 9 and loves board games and even some d and d type stuff - he is also interested in starting up d and d. Too bad we are so far away in Canada, though we will likely be back in Taiwan for 2024.

Though not exactly D and D, if you could somehow get a copy, this game gets the highest of reviews, and has miniatures, etc. (We have ordered one for Christmas - it’s not cheap though):

2 Likes

Looks cool! NT$6k PPD from Amazon is steep, though!

These guys seem active, maybe worth asking there

I’ve always seen a wide range of figures upstairs in the Wannian building in Ximending, more the kind of stuff you can imagine, but I’d give it a look.

2 Likes

Those aren’t D&D figures. Mostly Japanese collectables.

Right, but there’s quite a lot of stuff.

1 Like

@Dragonbones, you really don’t need minifigs for D&D. I played the game for thirty years and never used them. It’s all about imagination. If you’re going to be pedantic about battle simulations, a chessboard and coins will do just fine. I also never bothered with those.
If you need help with running a game, look me up on Facebook.

1 Like

[quote=“jimipresley, post:13, topic:74306”]
you really don’t need minifigs for D&D. I played the game for thirty years and never used them. It’s all about imagination.[/quote]

Sure, I know. I like the style with hex grids and minifigs for battles, though. I used to collect and paint the minifigs, cast and sculpted my own, and even won competitions with them. It’s an entire enjoyable aspect of the game which I want to share with the boys. I love painting the tiny things! It’s artistic and visual rather than pedantic.

I’m good on running the games, as I DM’d for years back home, but thanks for the offer!

3 Likes

Not exactly what you’re looking for, but keep an eye on Humble Bundle offers - right now they’ve got a collection of RPGs that are … D&D-adjacent, I guess? (I’ve never gotten deep enough into these games to figure out how they all fit together.)

Dice by PCalc is a good app for dice-rolling in the Apple ecosystem.

But, as you write, one of the big sources of appeal is having actual physical things to move around and play with, and a folder of PDFs and an iPhone dice-rolling app aren’t quite the same.

Rolling the dice physically is part of the game’s essence, for me. The polyhedrons are cool. And collecting super cool dice is part of the aesthetic too. I mean, look at the stuff at dnddicedotcom, for instance. And who wouldn’t want one of the ridiculous 100-sided dice out there?

1 Like