Where to buy?

Does anyone know where is the best place to buy a nice used older 400-600cc bike at a reasonable price ? I’ve been looking at all the websites and it seems that I would be better off importing one myself from Japan or something.

Can anyone recommend anything ?

There is a shop on Jianguo between Zhongxiao and Chang An that always has used bikes. They are always friendly despite the fact that I’m obviously a pipedreaming English teacher who will probably never buy one. There was a used F-650GS there that I was lusting after for awhile. Dont remember what they were asking for it.

Also there’s always lots of used bikes on goods.ruten.com.tw

But anyway, 400-600cc and reasonable price in Taiwan? fuggedaboutit!

You’ll get slapped with ubertariffs if you import one from Japan too.

Sorry to burst your bubble, welcome to my bitter little party!

But if anyone knows of any shop that has more used selection than the one I mentioned on Jianguo I want to hear about it! Kinda perhaps looking for a CB-250 or the like.

Don’t even think about importing a bike unless you have serious connections high in government or in the trade and can buy or fudge your way around the tariffs and the shysters out to fleece you.

Older 400s do come up occasionally for not too much money, though. Keep looking!

[quote=“BernardT”]Does anyone know where is the best place to buy a nice used older 400-600cc bike at a reasonable price ? I’ve been looking at all the websites and it seems that I would be better off importing one myself from Japan or something.

Can anyone recommend anything ?[/quote]

There’s never a “best place” to purchase a used vehicle.
Every used vehicle has a different history and is in a different condition from the next. It is therefore always my advice to judge the vehicle, not the seller.
Or put into other words, don’t jump in and purchase a vehicle based solely on the seller’s reputation.

Honda cb 400 go for 90k to 110k. anything above 600cc starts at 160k$ as they have red plates.

Just PM me if you need help finding one. I have owned quite a few and still own one.