Where to customize my ride?

Hi, any help would be welcome…
I have had a Kymco Hipster 150 cruiser for a couple of years now. I travel a lot and I have been all over the island with the bike. I have made it more comfy for the longer rides, installed a GPS system, bigger lights, nicer seat, alternate 12V plugs that’s handy for charging the electronics and comes in useful when camping. I also concocted a removable top box that doubles as an electric cooler [for keeping the beers chilled when camping!] as well as my luggage case. Just click it off and roll it into the hotel lobby!

I am looking for a shop that can provide or make similar products, but more professional and enduring than my make-shift attempts. I would love to install a proper windshield, remove the pegs and install proper footrests and do some upgrades to the brackets of my cooler/luggage case. It doesn’t have to be a parts shop, maybe a machine shop that can do some creative welding will do… I live in Hsinchu, therefore a shop in the northern area would suit me better. Thanks!

[quote=“lumka1”]Hi, any help would be welcome…
I have had a Kymco Hipster 150 cruiser for a couple of years now. I travel a lot and I have been all over the island with the bike. I have made it more comfy for the longer rides, installed a GPS system, bigger lights, nicer seat, alternate 12V plugs that’s handy for charging the electronics and comes in useful when camping. I also concocted a removable top box that doubles as an electric cooler [for keeping the beers chilled when camping!] as well as my luggage case. Just click it off and roll it into the hotel lobby!

I am looking for a shop that can provide or make similar products, but more professional and enduring than my make-shift attempts. I would love to install a proper windshield, remove the pegs and install proper footrests and do some upgrades to the brackets of my cooler/luggage case. It doesn’t have to be a parts shop, maybe a machine shop that can do some creative welding will do… I live in Hsinchu (Xinzhu), therefore a shop in the northern area would suit me better. Thanks![/quote]

I know a shop in Yingge, that only do custom work. They are the best mechanics I have met in my 4 years on this island. They can work on any motorcycle and get almost any part. They are also cheap. They specialize in customizing motorcycles. I have to run, but I can give you more details later if you would like.

Thanks, it sounds good - I would appreciate an address of that shop!

Yeah, well that is easier said then done. His shop is really big, and alittle off the beaten path. It is right next to the Yingge train station, but not easy to find. He also doesn’t speak much English, so can you speak Chinese? If you want to go out there, let me know and I can either meet you, or have the owner meet you at the train station. He has done it before for other people. If you want to contact me call me at 0921482447.

thanks for offering to help - I will give you a call to set it up, there is no hurry. You don’t have the GPS coordinates by any chance?

Im sorry I don’t

Can anybody recommend a place in southern Taiwan for customizing bikes?

Specifically, I’m interested in making a bobber out of a Venox.