Where to find coriander (cilantro) in Taichung?

I thought this was a popular spice in Chinese cooking, but I guess not…

Anyone know where I can find some? Fresh or dried, doesn’t matter. A source of either will make my frypan sing! :notworthy:

I’ve never had a problem finding cilantro in Taichung until yesterday. Usually I can find it at Carrefour, RT Mart, or any of the Sinon supermarkets.
I’m not sure why I couldn’t find it on Sunday.

In Taiwan they only use it fresh, the leafs and stems … not the seeds or in dried form, the roots … thee just put it on every dish they can think of, I hate it … it’s just used too much and too huge a quantity. It just masks your food

Now that I think of it, Costco has it in dried form imported from the US … Cilantro

We don’t have a Costco in Taichung yet. Need to wait about a year or so.

[quote=“JMcNeill”]I’ve never had a problem finding cilantro in Taichung until yesterday. Usually I can find it at Carrefour, RT Mart, or any of the Sinon supermarkets.
I’m not sure why I couldn’t find it on Sunday.[/quote]

Where is it usually in the RT mart? There are some refrigerated shelves along the wall in the produce section and then a big square area with lots of different fruits and vegetables in bins.

I haven’t seen anything resembling herbs in either area.

I have found it along the wall with the green vegetables. I have also found fresh basil in that area. I didn’t see any there yesterday when I was looking for it.

All the supermarkets I go to have it – Wellcome and similar stores.