Where to find fried cow brain sandwich(US style) in Taipei?

Where to find fried cow brain sandwich(US style) in Taipei?

I spent many year in the midwest US and have developed a craving for
fried cow brain sandwiches… in fact that’s what I had for lunch almost
every other day.

It is impossible to find in Taipei… or is it?

Thanks very much for any information!!! :slight_smile:

Sex buddies, pizza delievery guys, and now fried cow brain sandwiches…dude you are either very bored or very kinky.

dude… sex buddy not buddies… I’ve only been with ONE for the last 7 years…

yes, I’m probably bored… but about food in Taiwan. While there are thousands and thousands of great-tasting foods to eat in Taiwan, I still miss my fried brain sandwich…

My apologies good sir. Suppose you may have to make the sandwich yourself though. And tipping pizza guys is fine…I usually toss in about 50 to 100 NT

[quote=“Ivanchenko”]Where to find fried cow brain sandwich(US style) in Taipei?

I spent many year in the midwest US and have developed a craving for
fried cow brain sandwiches… in fact that’s what I had for lunch almost
every other day.

It is impossible to find in Taipei… or is it?

Thanks very much for any information!!! :slight_smile:[/quote]

I had no idea that my country produced such a thing…yikes! Are you serious???

[quote=“Indiana”]

I had no idea that my country produced such a thing…yikes! Are you serious???[/quote]

Indiana:

funny you should ask the question… especially since youre screen name is “Indiana” see the caption under the photo in this CNN link and you’ll see what I mean… :slight_smile:

cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/01/16/brain.sandwich.ap/

See? :slight_smile: Indiana has really good fried cow brain sandwiches!!! I hate to tell you this, but there’s another great American delicacy that I’ve always enjoyed… It’s Rocky Mountain Oysters… What is it, you ask… I’ll let you figure that one out yourself… :slight_smile: But I can tell you that you can get Rocky Mountain Oysters in Taiwan!!! Except in Taiwan they’re usually not fried, but served in a soup at night markets!

oops

You can get fried cow brain
at Huaxi night market.

Better take your own bread
and whatever condiments
go with it, however.

Sounds not good. For me, if it sounds bad I will never try it. I don’t care if it tasted a bit like heaven.

[quote=“wipt”]You can get fried cow brain
at Huaxi night market.

and whatever condiments
go with it, however.[/quote]

Are you serious? Do they import it? I’ve eaten pickled pig’s tongue. It’s really good, but it grosses a lot of people out. It was bar food at a bistro in Quebec. Good with crackers. But cow brain? Holy shit!

[quote=“wipt”]You can get fried cow brain
at Huaxi night market.

and whatever condiments
go with it, however.[/quote]

Thanks for that info! I’ve been to that night market before but never
saw any place selling fried cow brain. On the other hand, there are
plenty of places in the night markets that sell pig brain soup. There’s
a very good one near Chunking North Road.(near the Shuanlian MRT)
(not sure about the spelling)

[quote=“Ivanchenko”][quote=“Indiana”]

I had no idea that my country produced such a thing…yikes! Are you serious???[/quote]

Indiana:

funny you should ask the question… especially since youre screen name is “Indiana” see the caption under the photo in this CNN link and you’ll see what I mean… :slight_smile:

CNN.com/2004/HEALTH/01/16/brain.sandwich.ap/

See? :slight_smile: Indiana has really good fried cow brain sandwiches!!! I hate to tell you this, but there’s another great American delicacy that I’ve always enjoyed… It’s Rocky Mountain Oysters… What is it, you ask… I’ll let you figure that one out yourself… :slight_smile: But I can tell you that you can get Rocky Mountain Oysters in Taiwan!!! Except in Taiwan they’re usually not fried, but served in a soup at night markets![/quote]

Wow! interesting! I had no idea…I’ve only ever seen brain sandwiches in the Middle East!

By the way, I’m not from Indiana…just a big Indiana Jones fan… :wink:

I have had the cow brain tacos from the roach coaches in CA, but just to try since I will try everything once. Wasnt bad, but couldn’t get the thought of eating brains out of my mind.

[quote]The brains, coated with egg, seasoning and flour, [color=blue]
puff up when cooked.
[/color] They are served hot, heaping outside the bun.[/quote]

Ever heard the expression “My stomach lurched”

I read that article out of curiosity and nearly threw up at the “puffed up” bit.

Others need to share the experience. :smiling_imp:

When I visited my brother in Colorado one time he took us to a restaurant where we ate those. Not bad, but just about anything tastes good if you pound it flat, bread it and fry it.

Except in Taiwan they’re not from cows as with Rocky Mtn Oysters. My wife tells me they’re from roosters, which I find very impressive given the relatively large size of the “oysters” considering they come from a mere bird.

Even the cows have balls in Marlboro Country.