Where to find good cheese?

Thanks, Highwave.

I’ll try to pop in and give it a try when/if I am in the area this next week.

And you say the shop is cheaper than Breeze and City Super? Hmm . . . this could be a great find. If so, I’ll do my part to make sure that this space does not become a Net or a Hang Ten shop next.

Dropped by last night to check out prices: they range from NT$55/100g for Gouda to NT$190/100g.

BTW, where’s City Super?

You’re in for a treat. It’s in the basement of the Far Eastern Mall at the foot of Dunhua S. Rd. To my mind it’s every bit as good as Breeze or Jason’s. They have a quite wonderful of selection of cheeses, with special emphasis on those small Normandy farmhouse cheeses like Petit Livarot, St. Aubrey, Pont l’Eveque and a bunch of others. They keep them very well, too.

I’m dying for some good bleu cheese salad dressing…

They got any o’ that?

City Super is very good for what it has- but Jason’s still got a better total selection. The gorgonzola at Jason’s is much better.

BTW: Did you see that english cheddar at Jason’s that per gram costs about the same as platinum?

[quote=“Elegua”]City Super is very good for what it has- but Jason’s still got a better total selection. The gorgonzola at Jason’s is much better.

BTW: Did you see that English cheddar at Jason’s that per gram costs about the same as platinum?[/quote]

The English Cheeses they have got at Jason’s and others are imported by an English Chap down in Taichung who is more than happy to do direct deliveries at more affordable (level of the price of Gold) rates.
jeffoasis@seed.net.tw Can highly recommend their Cheddar and Stilton.

:bravo: :notworthy: :bravo: No shite! Thank you thank you thank you for the tip. First beer delivered to my house, now cheese - what next?

no, don’t answer that

There are some very good cheeses in Taiwan and we at Go West are a supplier of such.
These cheeses are available to all at Forumosa, for details, pricing and delivery please feel free to PM, email or call. Thanks. Go West.

[quote=“Elegua”]:bravo: :notworthy: :bravo: No shite! Thank you thank you thank you for the tip. First beer delivered to my house, now cheese - what next?

no, don’t answer that[/quote]
Milk?

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 7&start=60

The availability of so many varieties of cheeses are another reason why Taiwan is so much more liveable now than 10 years ago. I remember making special trips to the Florida Bakery to get blue cheese back then.

We have been taken aback by the requests for information, so whilst we struggle to respond to you all personally please find below a summary of all our current products.

At the centre of the Clawson range is traditional Blue Stilton. It is a creamy coloured semi-hard cheese with greenish blue veining radiating from its centre and has a coat which is crusty, slightly wrinkled with a greyish brown hue. Blue Stilton is normally aged to around 8 weeks. Case

Goodness.
When is the taste-testing day at your shop? :slight_smile:

You can enjoy most of GO WEST’s fine imported cheese during the launch party of Greene King’s IPA at the Tavern-Premier this Friday, Sept. 9th from 7pm to 11pm. Royal English Roast-Buffet NT$450/Person which includes a pint of Greene King IPA, gives you the chance to participate in the beerlionaire quiz. NT$10’000 in cash is the first prize.

Will the quiz be about more than just beer? :slight_smile:

Name the year the first protestant became pope?

A)Google it
B)1765
C)Bring back the flounder forum
D)Ban AC Dropout and Mod Lang again

Actually, Ryan Dittrichs is doing the quiz :rainbow:

What!?
There was a Prod Pope?
That’s outrageous. :slight_smile:
I’ll have to take “A”

Did you actually know :wink: that or did you just guess :help: it?

The only thing I know is that I want that cheese.
Will there be crackers too?
Should we be there early to get it?

Josefus,

our contact details are at the bottom of every message we post. we would be happy to receive any enquiries you have.

Stock is always available for delivery to anywhere in Taiwan or for you to come and taste/buy yourself.

We have a excellent UK cheese’s at JB’s Stilton Blue & White, Cotswold Fruit flavoured White Stilon. Soon to arrive a selection of new varities.