Where to find good cheese?

it would appear that many people do not want to purchase cases (1.8kg ) of cheese or don’t have enough friends to share it with!!! so…

our cheese is available in single units, in the following supermarkets in Taipei…

Jasons 101, Jasons TAKASHIMIA, City Super…enjoy!

:notworthy: :astonished:

Great news, and I’ll be on the lookout for your cheeses the next time I am in Jason’s 101 or City Super.

But may I ask why your cheeses are not being sold at the Breeze Supermarket? Since I do most of my shopping for beer and cheese and sausages there, I’d be more than happy to see your cheeses on the shelves of the Breeze cheese center.

fee,

the simplest answer would be ’ in negotiation’ but for the time being i’m sure you’ll cope with the other places! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer, GoWest.

And you are indeed correct. I will certainly be able to cope in for the time being by picking up your cheese whilst I am shopping at Jason’s 101 or City Super.

But I do look forward to seeing your cheeses at Breeze. Keep us posted. :sunglasses:

Breeze still in the works, City Super and Jasons selling well, thanks guys and girls.

Special offer for Forumosans - Double Gloucester and Red Leicester, $150nt ( 200g ) a pack including delivery to your door ( min order 4 packs, chinese addresses, cash on delivery )…morning/afternoon delivery easier so work addresses if not at home.

Many Thanks,

The GoWest Team.

I had an excellent camembert from City Super at the recommendation of the writers in the above thread, but that isn’t what this post is about…

I was just in a supermarket called Matsusei that’s just down the road from me (Zhong Zheng Rd, Zhong Her) getting a snack and, to my surprise saw some camembert. It was only 88$ so I thought I’d give it a try. It doesn’t have the flavor of the City Super camembert, but its still v.good. I think it will taste better if left on a shelf for a week … needs to mature.

Anyway, just sharing my little gastronomic treat…

teggs

Eh, no offence to the British cheese-chamber, but most of us, Europeans are not so keen on these varieties…Cheddar and stilton once and a while, that

Yes

Dear Forumosans,

The following cheeses are now on sale at rediculously low prices!

White Stilton with Cranberry.
White Stilton with Mango and Ginger.
Double Gloucester Cheddar with onion and chives.
Red Leicester Cheddar with Full fat soft cheese, herbs and garlic or onion and chives.

All packs are 150g and the price is Nt$150 per pack. Delivery can be arranged island-wide.

For orders or enquiries into these or any other product in our portfolio see contact details in signature below.

Regards,

The Gowest Team

Stupid question…but can cheese be frozen?
What’s the best way to keep it?
I live by myself, and everytime I’ve bought cheeze it’s gotten moldy long before I could finish it. :frowning:

HOW SHOULD CHEESE BE STORED?

Cheese should be refrigerated at temperatures of 35 to 40

Jason’s (food court floor of Taipei 101) has a good selection of cheeses. Not cheap though.

I’m told that this store near Shida carries European cheeses and other imports, including a lot of French cheeses, as well as dry goods. They’re open on Saturdays too, 8:30-6 – not sure about other times yet. I’ll post more after I check it out tomorrow.

Dongyuan: 東遠國際有限公司
EDIT: [color=#0000BF]English name: P&P Food & Spices [/color]
Jinmen Street (Jin1men2 Jie1), #9-14: 金門街9之14號
That’s a street running to the southwest off of Roosevelt. From the map I’ve got here, it looks like you can take Shida Rd. south until Roosevelt, turn right, go about the same distance as the width of Shida’s campus, and turn left onto Jinmen to find it.
This place has Australian beef, and very reasonably priced NZ lamb chops, frozen, as well as an interesting assortment of imported foodstuffs, mostly European:
[color=#0000BF]
2365-0633[/color]

EDIT: Yes, it’s an importer and supplier to restaurants and hotels, but they will also sell small quantities of many items to walk-in customers; just don’t ask them to slice small bits of meat or cheese; normally they sell whole wedges of cheese and whole logs of meat. But if you’re buying at least 400-500gms of cheese and you’re real nice they may cut that much off a wheel for you. They have camembert, manchego and others; it’s not a cheese shop per se, though.

I used to live there. From Kuting MRT, walk down Roosevelt on the Haagen Daaz side, to a little cute temple in the middle of the sidewalk. Follow all the people that use the temple as a corridor down a narrow aley, straight on to Jinmen Jie.

"Customer: Brie, Roquefort, Pol le Veq, Port Salut, Savoy Aire, Saint Paulin, Carrier de l’est, Bres Bleu, Bruson?

Owner: No.

Customer: Camembert, perhaps?

Owner: Ah! We have Camembert, yessir.

Customer: (suprised) You do! Excellent.

Owner: Yessir. It’s…ah,…it’s a bit runny…

Customer: Oh, I like it runny.

Owner: Well,… It’s very runny, actually, sir.

Customer: No matter. Fetch hither the fromage de la Belle France! Mmmwah!

Owner: I…think it’s a bit runnier than you’ll like it, sir.

Customer: I don’t care how fucking runny it is. Hand it over with all speed.

Owner: Oooooooooohhh…! (pause)

Customer: What now?

Owner: The cat’s eaten it.

etc.

YouTube

Anyone know if that Mr.Cheese shop that people were talking about on p.1 is still around?

It was the last time I went there, late last year. I used to live near there and get their sandwiches pretty regularly for lunch. Best I’ve had here. Maybe the best I’ve had anywhere.

They seem to open (or not open) completely at random, though.

Cheese?

Like what I would find in a deli back home…or am I asking too much?

City Super (in Tianmu Sogo or the Zhongxiao Fuxing Sogo).

Jason’s (101, Tianmu, now in the basement of the Q-Mall beside Taipei Main Station - although the last one is a little smaller, and lacks a cheese deli but does have some decent blocks of cheddar and Monterey Jack and the like).

Breeze Super.

Any cheeses you’re specifically looking for? “Cheese” is an awfully big category.

Coastal Cheddar from CostCo.

Straight out of Dorset, UK IIRC, and a good cheese.