Where to find paintless dent repair in Taipei?

Hello all,

I realize that dents and dings will be a fact of life of owning a car in Taipei, but I managed to pick up quite a large one last night. Anyone know where in Taipei I can find paintless dent repair (where they remove the interior panels, and push the dent out from the inside)?

Thanks!

-Ben

I just had that done a couple of weeks ago at the Nissan garage on Ankeng Rd. where I bought the car.

Depending on how old your car is, you may want to think about doing it yourself. Just drill a small hole in the center of the dent and then insert a wire with something (a small nail) attached to the end you plan on putting in the hole and pull. This should save you some money if you have a clunker.

Surely the paint will have stretched with the metal and require repainting when the dent is pushed back out?

Isn’t there an American infomercial for a suction product that allows you to remove dents on your own? Might want to try the web to see if you can buy this thing yourself

So, I went to the dealer this morning, and they had no idea what I was talking about, and told me that dents definitely need body work and repaint. So, the question remains, where do I find paintless dent repair in Taipei? I told them how the Nissan place can do it, and they were in disbelief, and said that maybe I could give them the Nissan place’s number, so they can call them and ask how it’s done. I’m not about to become their first guinea pig, haha.

Surprising, as this procedure is very commonplace in the states, and most places even come to your home/work to perform the repair, in usually less than 30 minutes for very reasonable cost. Since dents are a fact of life in Taipei, I expected it to be even more commonplace here.

As for the infomercial suction thing, that’s pretty much a gimmick that doesn’t really work well, according to those that have tried.

-Ben