Where to find reliable, affordable assistant contractors?

Where can I find good, affordable labor to do small tasks like packing shipping boxes, running a few errands for me (post office, groceries), etc?

I heard that there are some migrant workers (is this a politically correct term? Sounds funny typing it) from Indonesia/Malaysia/Vietnam that offer some solid assistance for a low price… but where the heck is the central website to find these types of hires? You see a ton of these types of workers looking after senior citizens, but also running small tasks for younger businessfolk.

Where can I even begin to find these contractors?

Which would be illegal?

Migrant workers have contracts working for specific jobs. AFAIK they can not take on additional work or change jobs.
But I guess some still do cleaning jobs, etc. which is against their visa restrictions.
And a few just disappear to work illegally until they are caught and deported.
Either way you will be fined if you get caught employing not according to laws and regulations.

https://www.wda.gov.tw/en/NewsFAQ.aspx?n=26470E539B6FA395&sms=0FCDB188C74F69A0

When caught you could be fined up to 700K NT$.

And some know about that and just try to squeeze money from their ‘employer’.

1 Like

Why not hire some local high school kid or student?
Might need to look up regulations for employing minors.

1 Like

If you need to employ foreigners, you can look for students for part time.

Some students are looking for jobs.

2 Likes

I can run errands for you.

I don’t know what you mean by “low price” but if I’m only getting 500nt a day for it, it’s not worth my time (the transport cost running those errands far exceed that).

I’m a ROC citizen so no issues with legality. Migrant workers who have ARC have to work for specific employers.

Ah seems like they essentially need to be full time and have special VISA stuff. I thought they had some sort of open-arms work thing. Seems like students are the way to go.

Essentially, it’d be a couple times a week unpackaging/packaging collectibles in boxes for a 2~3 hour shift and that’s mostly it. No idea what to pay yet, but it’d transparently be close to min wage. I’d ideally find a student in Xinzhuang so it’s worth their time (not worth commuting for).

I wouldn’t mind helpin out a couple weekends or so.

Sure :slight_smile: I’ll DM you soon(ish) - maybe next week. anyone else interested, feel free to toss me a message: Not quite sure how it’s going to work yet (that’s up to the boss, AKA my wife!) , but I’ll toss you a message here with info when ready. There will probably be some buffer time in between deciding how to handle this.

No worries, send me a line message.

I live in Xingjhuan by the way.

1 Like

Nice! If you want to DM me your Line, I’ll pass it to the Mrs.

That depends, there are rules for them too.

If they are Taiwanese then it’s no issue, but if they’re a foreign student there are visa issues