Where to get an African grey parrot?

I have seen them (belonging to the owner) at a few shops I have been to here.

Never seen them for sale anywhere though.

Of course I want to buy from a reputable place.

Please let me know.

Bird street near wanhua
They have them but reputable? Not sure.
Seems like “puppy mill” style

2 Likes

Are you ready for a lifetime commitment? An African gray may live longer than you.

4 Likes

Do birds in taiwan live full captive lives?
I would assume with pollution its cutt in half ?

First time i came to taiwan i was shocked with the lack of abundant flocks flying around.
Taiwanese tell me pollution kills them, not sure to believe that or not.

They can if properly cared for. The birds I’ve had have all had long, healthy lives.

Where are you? Taipei has diverse and abundant bird life.

That may not be the best way to go about pet ownership.

Birds here die from lots of things, but doubt it is air pollution.

Rat poison, water contamjnation, toxic food supply, nets in farms etc are all common bird killers. I remember 4 years ago i was photographing the mangrove project in Dongang (Dapengwan) and found THOUSANDS upon thousands of dead egrets. Egrets?

Those big white ones with the brown necks. Im not a bird guy, but this was fowl!

No proof but without getting into it, i assumed it was the aquaponics farmers in the area poisoning them. I was told to stop asking. And I did.

I live with my back to a giant pond near nangang park.
Birds are here , limited and far from abundant haha,
This is a tropical island i expect more.
Maybe we need another thread as this is a little ot

Im from Washington state ,birds are eveywhere

My first car ride from TPE to the city when arriving and my first ride to kenting i :eyes: out the window taking it all in and no birds or very little was one of my main comments

And i dont look at pollution as the reason taiwan doesnt have many birds, this came from taiwan residents…

But Kaohsiung and other south cities with white/yellow skies have crazy nasty air. I would have to think it affects birds

See: eagle red bean (literal translation). Pingdong. Explains a lot about the animal situation in taiwan.

I could source a Norwegian Blue.

1 Like