Where to get distilled water?

Where would one purchase distilled water for one’s car or motorcycle? I’m looking to get some for my lab - benchtop distillers cost a fortune and I don’t need large quantities of the stuff.

Pharmacy.

How pure do you need it? You can buy fairly decent RO-distilled water in any grocery store, 7-11, FamilyMart, wherever. The second character in the brand name is “shan” (mountain).

All night hardware stores have battery toppup stuff, sometimes called “battery charger” (which of course it isn’t) in English. I think a lot of them have surfactant in though.

For many purposes aircon condensate would be pure enough, especially shortly after prologued rain, Might be seasonally unavailable right now but they’ll start producing again soon.

Failing that, I dunno. I might distill some. Shouldn’t be very hard to improvise if you don’t need a lot. Big very clean plastic bag or plastic jerrican with some sealed bottles of frozen water in it. Run steam from a kettle through a plastic tube into the container and it’ll collect distilled water. Replace the ice bettles as they melt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpkDJ6yIN8I
same method as method 1 in above

1 Like