Where to meet a girlfriend?

There is (or used to be) a site called hotornot that allows you to post a photo of yourself which random strangers would rate. That’s a good/honest start to understanding how atttractive (or NOT) you really are.
If you are a 6 (most 4s think they are 6s), try dating people who are less than 7. If they aren’t interested, lower your standards. Repeat if necessary.
Of course, if you’re loaded, intelligent, interesting, or have a sense of humor, you can try to get higher numbers.
If you’ve got problems, aim lower.
Always remember to LOWER the bar if your previous strategy didn’t work. There are a lot of unattractive losers out there that would love to meet up with some of you. Keep trying, but try next time with someone worse off.

1 Like

Better, there’s a site called photofeeler.com where you choose an age range and people rate your photos by attractiveness, trustworthiness, and umm, something else. Good for choosing which pics to use in your profiles.

I match with lots of girls I find hot. Problem is just the fall-off rate of everyone you match with online. It’s rare to have a decent conversation or meet offline.
My ex was hot. I’ve been trying to loosen my standards a bit, but I refuse to date someone I don’t think is hot.

Attractiveness isn’t my strongest point, I know. But that’s what dating apps are geared towards - that first glance. So it’s difficult.

2 Likes

In your case, hang on to the phone number of your ex.
We used to trade baseball cards.

It’s only a short term solution

1 Like

You used to trade baseball cards with my ex? That’s a euphemism I don’t know

This is hardly a weakness in Taiwan. Plenty of skinny dudes get with the ladies here. Being overweight would be a much bigger problem.

5 Likes

Overweight and short
Taiwanese girls (majority) of them wants a taller man. I know not all, but majority do.

So if u r a tall guy, even if u r skinny, u have higher chance than a short guy

Same everywhere I think - girls like tall (I’m tallish, but I dislike short girls). I definitely think skinny isn’t as much of an issue here (because girls are skinnier as well), tho I have seen several profiles online that say they like guys that are “strong”

I do appreciate how so many girls here list both their height and weight. You’d never see that in the US

Asia is all about appearances and looks and personality comes second. If you look good , people will fall for you here. I know its same everywhere but its like the code in asia including taiwan. Can do an experiment. On the street next time observe all couples, its always skinny girl with skinny guy, tall girl with tall guy, if the girl is sexy and hot , the guy would be tall and hot too. U wont or very rarely find a not slim girl with a hot guy. You can though might find an average guy with a hot girl if he is rich enough but thats another thing.

1 Like

Some of them are pretty awesome people.

Guy

5 Likes

Short girls rock!

Some short guys aren’t too bad either.

1 Like

I guess this explains why cosmetic surgery is so common in Korea. Seems you have to look like cookie cutters to have any chance in life.

Yes unless you have a flaw that needs to be overcome like they are 20 years younger
In which case you have to build up
Some sort of connection first

Otherwise if you feel it could be an instant match absolutely get her to meet asap

So basically don’t chase someone you may love
Chase someone who may love you

Being better than them is a start ?

Or I don’t know, it’s not like you will die without a girlfriend.

Guys have this idea where they just MUST HAVE A GIRLFRIEND and girls act the opposite.

You give them so much power over you just by doing this. That means girls can simply be a professional dater, meaning they go out with random guys and milk him for all the money he has, and when he runs out move onto the next. I hear Thailand is full of girls like this.

As long as there are no equality there can be no relationship.

There are many guys who do this to girls too
And guys who do this to guys
And girls who this to girls

People are just doing each other

It’s a trade off you don’t die without a GF but it’s more fun (maybe)

“Some of them like to abuse you ….some like to be abused “ goes that song

There is relationship without equality
There is equality without relationship

It’s called life

Everybody is using somebody for something
Somebody is using everybody for everything

Nobody is using nobody for nothing

I guess my life is different, as 99% of the people in this world do not like me. So sometimes I act like I have to somehow earn their love, even though they’ve already decided within the first second of seeing me that they don’t like me, and nothing I do was going to earn that love.

Ain’t that the truth
Nobody is gonna like you if you don’t like nobody
If you learn to like yourself that is a start

People liking you is over rated

They like you because they can use you somehow someway

People may be neutral if they can’t use you
But if they can find a use for you they will begin to like you

Be useful if you want to be liked

If you need to get fcuked to be liked and you want to be liked then get fcuked

Be sure to “like” them back

Remember if you are sorry for yourself people may become sorry for you but they may not want to share your sorrow

If you are happy for yourself many will share your happiness with you

Nobody wants to share other peoples sorrow for long

But everyone could want to share your happiness forever

Don’t believe me? Win the lotto and see how many people suddenly like you

I might even like you

Easy to say when you’ve been liked your whole life.

Imagine being gaslit by authority figures all your life. You don’t even know what’s true anymore because you seriously thought your last interaction was pleasant when you have been told that the person HATED you and you embarrassed everyone.

That doesn’t change just by “positive thinking”.

Yea some people are sick, does that mean we should just throw them out?

All kidding aside though sometimes people are really down in the dumps and they require professional assistance.

If you feel you do try to find help of a professional nature be it a church or your medical insurance could cover professional care for depression

Seek professional care

Sometimes we just can’t save ourselves by ourselves