Where to meet local people?

So I;m new here.

The weeks I;ve been here, I;ve noticed people here, except for shop owner, are hard to approach.

Like I want to meet more local people (especially female ones hahaha), but I don;t know how people do here. And it is especially hard for me beacuse of language barrier, you know? I look chinese, but I can’t speak well mandarin.

Any tips from other foreginers or idk…

Thanks!

Any club should be good. The rules are the same as in the West. I didn’t find anything different in the way you strike up a relation. The differences occur later :sunglasses:

haha is that I’ve never went to a club solo.

It will be creepy, going by yourself and approach people, I mean… local people.

Go to a local/foreign watering hole, stake out a place by the bar, ans talk to the persons of the opposite sex. Works before you get too plastered.

Tell her you’re a Mexican footballer, get her to buy you some beer, make her shower before you have sex with her, then swipe her cash?

:laughing:

This shall be temped. mark my words :grandpa:

Do what I do and simply start your threads in TEMP. Cuz they gonna be there anyway. If you live in the projects, you ARE a project.

That said. CAFES are very nice places to meet attractive people of the opposite sex. BEcause of many reasons:

1. Its brighter then in a club so you can REALLY see what she looks like.
  2. They can do the same with you (good or bad depends on your goods).
  3. Its much easier to chat then in a loud booming disco.
  4. You can keep going back to that cafe to have regularity (no, not in the toilet).
    Why is this good? Because many girls who are interested in you are hesitant to talk to you till they see you again there. Then they may approach you and say something stupid like “oh I think I saw you before…” “etc”. Gets the ball rollin. A girl who is interested in you may leave a note with the management of the cafe to call her (happened to me).
  5. You can observe her a bit before making YOUR approach. If shes into art, or whatever. Look for clues, like any magazines she is reading, books, etc. Go in , pick a table near your “target” (of course you NEED to have a target when you go in the place) and then look for an opportunity to talk to her. LIke, seeing what shes reading and commenting on it. Gets em talking. After an hour of innocent chatting you can ask for her number . At this point you may find out shes lesbian or shes married, but hey, you tried. And then take it from there. My advice : dont wait too long before re-connecting because if she likes you she is counting the minutes before you contact her. Waiting wont make her happy.

CAfes are my choice of pickup places to meet a girlfriend (not necessarily ONS but could happen too).

Actually do a search. Believe it or not this topic has crept up here before.

I don’t care what anyone says, tommy’s a friggin’ genius at times.

He goes way beyond being a mere poster, he’s a philosophizer.

He’s definitly under appreciated.

tHANK yOU gentlemen. As my Guru always says to me “tommy? no matter where you go? There you are.” course i still dont know where i am but…

I’m taking full credit for being the first to spot Tommy’s genius.

I told all of you some time ago that he’s far brighter and more of a gentlemen than many of you give him credit for.

Long live the Tomster!

Well, now that he’s had the constant tit chatter beaten out of him by the Mao.

[quote=“is03”]

Like I want to meet more local people (especially female ones hahaha)![/quote]

You say hahaha, but be straight- you want to meet local females ? Fine, you will soon realise that this is pretty easy.

If you want to make local male friends, well there are those who have been in Taiwan for years (not me, I have left) who have struggled to find local friends of the same sex. It’s not just a language problem, the cultural differences are very deep.

Besides I just got a Dear Tommy letter from my long suffering GF. So I may be posting a lot less and be out there honing my skills . I may have to take some of my own advice.

but I got a sexy roomie moving in? maybe I can work on her?

edit: make that a “dear tommy” email. Its the 21st century afterall. At least it was better then a text.

Shes gonna rekindle an old college flame. I just cant believe there is actually someone out there better then me? Just incredulous bout that one. :noway: I mean there cant be more then 3,999,999,999,999 guys that could possibly be better then me … come on !

[quote=“tommy525”]Besides I just got a Dear Tommy letter from my long suffering GF. So I may be posting a lot less and be out there honing my skills . I may have to take some of my own advice.

but I got a sexy roomie moving in? maybe I can work on her?

edit: make that a “dear tommy” email. Its the 21st century afterall. At least it was better then a text.

Shes gonna rekindle an old college flame. I just cant believe there is actually someone out there better then me? Just incredulous bout that one. :noway: I mean there cant be more then 3,999,999,999,999 guys that could possibly be better then me … come on ![/quote]

Sorry to hear that Tommy. You sound like you are devastated.

vERY MUCH SO. But what can one do? If you really love them you must be prepared to set them free ! Otherwise its gonna really cost you !!
Women ! YOu cant live with em, you cant live without em !!

My dad’s fav saying regarding women was "If you cant fcuk em, there would be NOTHING you would want to do with em " – possibly sage advice.

edit: wAit wait. We are getting way off track here. LEts pay attention to our young 18 year old scribe here and not scare him off women. We dont want him only interested in basketball or something. After all you need to MEET them first before they can leave you?? :smiley:

hahahahah sounds fun, Cafe uh?

But the same as a club… it;s weird for me to go in by myself. Like going, table solo and I feel like stalking people if I do that, you know!!!

But I should try cafe… sounds great. Any cafe recommendations? Details please XD

And besides, I was planning to move too. I’m leaving with a taiwanese family, but only the miss is here, by night, so I can’t really go anywhere that late… so I was planning to move… so idk.

Anyways, recommendations please?!

[quote=“tommy525”]vERY MUCH SO. But what can one do? If you really love them you must be prepared to set them free ! Otherwise its gonna really cost you !!
Women ! YOu cant live with em, you cant live without em !!

My dad’s fav saying regarding women was "If you cant fcuk em, there would be NOTHING you would want to do with em " – possibly sage advice.

edit: wAit wait. We are getting way off track here. LEts pay attention to our young 18 year old scribe here and not scare him off women. We dont want him only interested in basketball or something. After all you need to MEET them first before they can leave you?? :smiley:[/quote]

You’re a good lad Tommy. You talk a load of shite sometimes, but you’ve got a big heart. If my son grows up to be like you I won’t be too disappointed.