Where to paint?

I’m planning to paint my bike sometime over the next 2-3 weeks. It’s a cpi SM, so just small to medium sized plastic panels that can be easily taken off the bike. I’m going to leave the gas tank the flat black color it is. I’m planning to aerosol spray bomb it. So here’s the dilemna; any suggestions on where I might be able to do this? I could do it in my underground with a bunch of newspaper/plastic, but I feel bad as it’s prob against the buildings regulations. Is there any sort of facility where you pay an hourly fee to use their garage? Or someplace out in the boonies I could sneak out to? Appreciate any suggestions.

Painting is something the Taiwanese do very well,considering the conditions they do it in. I honestly think you can get someone to do it for a very reasonable price,if you ask. If you are near Taichung city,you can use our place to paint in. (we have 2 spraybake ovens also )

[quote=“shiadoa”]
Painting is something the Taiwanese do very well,considering the conditions they do it in. I honestly think you can get someone to do it for a very reasonable price,if you ask. If you are near Taichung city,you can use our place to paint in. (we have 2 spraybake ovens also )[/quote]
Sorry if I’m missing something obvious but… OVEN + CPI (PLASTIC)? uhmmm…

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“shiadoa”]
Painting is something the Taiwanese do very well,considering the conditions they do it in. I honestly think you can get someone to do it for a very reasonable price,if you ask. If you are near Taichung city,you can use our place to paint in. (we have 2 spraybake ovens also )[/quote]
Sorry if I’m missing something obvious but… OVEN + CPI (PLASTIC)? uhmmm…[/quote]
Not Oven as you are thinking…I guess Painting booth…just called “ovens”.! Just raises the temp. for efficient drying and filters particulates out of the air so you don’t get dust etc. in the paint and a more even finish

Oh, cool. So I was missing something indeed :smiley:

That´s cool. If I had access to that, I´d paint my gf´s scooter. It really needs it!

(no, I´m not asking for anything :smiley:)

I was told that you can’t paint the stock CPI plastic farrings. That the paint won’t stick properly and look like shit a few weeks later. That is why there are so many sticker kits for them. You might want to double check this.

Think you may have a point, but you can use "plasticiser’ which adheres to them I think.

Cheers! I appreciate the offer! I am in Taipei however.

It’s not so much about the money as having a bit of fun doing it myself. It’s a cheap, rough looking bike which makes it easy to goof around and experiement. If I can’t figure it out though, I’ll prob end up taking it to a local painter.

Thanks for the tip. I’ve seen a couple painted and was under the impression sticker kits were more for legality purposes. I’ll ask around and see if spray bombing will work or require additional steps.

I´m not totally sure about this, but you could use a first layer of something that really sticks and then cover it again with a number of layers of the color you really want.