Where to retire - What's your dream?

I’m going home when I retire. Health care is superb. Real estate prices and the cost of living are low, relatively. I’d rather save my cash for traveling around.

This place on the Allegheny river is for sale for less than US$ 270,000:

Ideally, I will have a farm with a house and barn. Grow some peaches and have some dogs running around.

I’ve just bought this baby on Vancouver Island…The marina is on the other side.

Nice place Tigerman. The lazy river reminds me of when my family lived in West Virginia when I was in high school and my parents left one summer, leaving my brother and me with the house, the car and the ski boat moored on the lake. What a great summer. I agree about the fruit trees and room for a dog to run around. I expect to have those at my next home.

Are you moving back soon? Or will you rent it out for a while, or let family use it, till you return?

That is a great place TM. I’ve been looking at similar looking places in the Catskill Mountains in NY, next to the Hudson River. Milder winters than the Adirondacks…some of the best schools in the world right next door.

Clean air, fall colors, and UFO sightings.

Yeah, it is a nice place… but, that was just for an example of property styles and prices near my home. What I really want is a small farm, about 40 acres with a house and a barn.

Those can be had for under US$ 200,000 where I grew up.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]
Are you moving back soon? Or will you rent it out for a while, or let family use it, till you return?[/quote]

Family will use it for the next 10 years, although I’ll definitely “break it” in. :slight_smile:

Christchurch, New Zealand. A slice of heaven.

I hoping by the time I retire there would be orbiting retirement homes in space.