Where to shop for Campagnolo in Taipei?

As you may know from some of my other posts, I’m looking for a cheapish but reliable groupset for my CX bike. I already know I can get a good price (free install, for a start) on Shimano 105 through Giant but before go ahead with that I want to take a look at Campagnolo Veloce and Centaur as well.

I’ve been meaning to ride the 136 and stop by 185 Warehouse in Taichung for ages but just can’t seem to find the time or weather for it lately.

So I’m wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to where in Xinbei or Taipei I can take a look at some Campy-equipped bikes and get a quote on some wheels and gruppos.

Urodacus? Anyone?

No Campy at 185, I can confirm that much. You’d be better off with SRAM or Shimano in Taiwan, the Campy distributor is horrifically bad and they have absolutely zero interest in after sales support. It’s also the most expensive.

Ah, I had it in my head that 185 offered all three. Well that’s definitely good to know. I won’t be in any hurry to trek it out there (unless you think they can substantially beat Giant’s price of 15-16,500NT, free install)

Not surprised at all about the Taiwan Campy distributor being terrible. I seem to recall that Taiwanese imported-products distributors inhabited the eighth circle of hell in Dante’s Inferno. My experience in dealing with them to find bikes and electronic music gear here has always been frustrating.

Anyway, while that information does push my choice a bit more toward Shimano, I’m moving back to the US next year anyway so it’s not a deal-breaker. Since I’m going to build up my next (road) bike with 11-speed (Ultegra, Athena or Chorus) I’m still interested in doing my due diligence and checking out Campagnolo.

i only ever get Campy parts online. Taiwan dealers are shocking, with massive price hikes and no service or after sales care.

this guy in the States seems to be the cheapest around.

Web Address:
EuroBikeParts.com
Contact Us:
sales@eurobikeparts.com

If you need to see what it looks like, I go to check out Howard Bike (somewhere west of the Dunhua/Civic area) or sometimes Giant in ZhongZheng road, Tienmu. The last store occasionally has some 2nd hand bits pulled off a customers bike in an upgrade if you’re not choosy, I’ve gotten a couple of crank arms that way.