Where to Shred Important Documents

Hi Forumosans,

I have many boxes of important documents that need to be shredded. Does anybody know any companies that shred paper—especially ones where I can supervise them to make sure that they are shredded?

I know there were previous topics about using a burning metal cans (orginally used for ghost money) but would rather use a company.

Many thanks!

We have a shredder at our company. Can’t be too expensive. If this is an ongoing need where you work maybe you can justify the purchase.

Find a field and burn it.
:popcorn:

1 Like

If those are the documents from AIT outlining how the CIA gave Bob Marley cancer, and you don’t release them to the public, you’ll really hate yourself later, I promise.

Thanks marasan. We have a shredder too, but it would take a lot more time to shred it by myself than I want to.

1 Like

Actually it’s about Area 51 and AIT’s involvement in that.

Just in case you didn’t hear, the technology for reconstructing standard shreds has been around for at least a few years. If these documents are really important, you’re supposed to go for “sawdust consistency”.

1 Like

Or burn them. For anything else a normal shredder should do the trick we found ours at the local household appliances store for around 900 ntd.
Edit: i didn’t saw your post. Forget what i wrote.

Any news on this topic after two years?

I have several boxes full of papers I’d like to shred, and shredding at home takes too much time like others said.

Is there a service for this in greater Taipei?

1 Like

Maybe you can contact this company

1 Like

Although this is in Taipei city, you can try this company:
https://www.crownrms.com/en-us

Just saw a truck from this company, advertising document shredding: https://www.ironmountain.com.tw/

1 Like

An economical way to do this is get a large cheap plastic container (or pick up a discarded one from the trash room recycling bin, cut a large water container in half, etc), fill it with water and bleach, put it on your balcony (so you don’t poison your indoor air), put in the paper, come back in a week and the documents will have been destroyed. If you dissolve it in water long enough, you don’t need bleach. Costs can be free to under 100NT.

2 Likes