Where to watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony

Does anyone know where to watch the Olympic Opening ceremony?

I had a look in the Taipei Times and it doesn’t seem to be on cable tv.

I’d like to know, too. I’ll try the sports channels and then local stations.

Sports channels, like ESPN and Star Sports, nope.

Try news channels.

[quote=“Icon”]Sports channels, like ESPN and Star Sports, nope.

Try news channels.[/quote]

how about the rest of the sporting events? which channel?

I think the Chunghwa MOD service is supposed to have it in HD.

[quote=“Poagao”]I think the Chunghwa MOD service is supposed to have it in HD.[/quote]Yep. And they sent a very nice schedule for the user’s perusal -with emphasis on the Chinese Taipei participation.

There is another schedule in today’s China Post.

… Nice, they cut to commercial right during the raising of the chinese flag.

Hope they don’t cut out too much else :\

What is Chunghwa MOD service?? I have the regular cable package. Couldn’t find any channel broadcasting.

Nope, MOD is bonked, service lines are down, customer service is flooded. Oh, well. Back to watching tiny Internet windows…

tiny internet window? url please?

justin.tv/nern2

cool thanks a lot, you can full screen it actually

Yeah, but it’s still crappy resolution. I’m getting rid of MOD after this; they’ve proved their absolute uselessness this time.

Its on Channel 8 and Channel 10 for normal Taipei city cable…

Does anybody have an inkling as to how the heck they’re sorting the countries going in? At first I thought it was Zhuyin… but then Taiwan (or rather zhonghuataibei) came right after japan… o-o

Good for you. I had it when it first came out and tried it for a full ten minutes before pulling out and returning it to the people it came from. Useless!

[quote=“gunadz”]Its on Channel 8 and Channel 10 for normal Taipei city cable…

Does anybody have an inkling as to how the heck they’re sorting the countries going in? At first I thought it was Zhuyin… but then Taiwan (or rather zhonghuataibei) came right after Japan… o-o[/quote]

Why would they do Zhuyin in the PRC? Anyhoo, the countries are sorted according to the stroke count of simplified characters.

Big welcome for Chinese Taipei and Hong Kong so far. Also an increase in applause for Canada, UK, and US. I actually fell asleep when they started that silk road segment. I’ve read online that the rest of the artistic segment is pretty good too. :s

I couldn’t get the HD part to work, but my mirror normal TaiShih channel is working fine -I have a smaller TV, though.

By the way, I noticed they really pushed the envelope in terms of ads. Gee, so many ads in the Olympic parade, that’s a new low.

I just saw my homeland’s team walk by -blink and you didn’t see them- but it’s OK. That’s all I wanted, I am satisfied.

EDIT:

and while we watch the Olympics, tanks roll into Georgia…

Yawn. Pretty mediocre show. One of the first acts representing a printing press or movable type was very creative, spellbindng really, but everything else was flat and uninspiring. Lin Ming running along the banner to light the flame was almost embarassing to watch it was so corny.

I really expected a lot more. How about the rest of you?

was ok I guess

I thought it was amazing, the performance/technology part, anyway. The tai-chi thing was particularly impressive, but I thought everything else was awesome, and the kept the speeches mercifully short. I also loved the whole Li Ning running around the stadium wall with the torch in the end, especially as I remember watching him win gymnastics medals in '84 in LA.