Where were you during the Tiananmen Square Massacre? (6/4)

I was in Grade 6 and had just returned from a year in Australia. I remember thinking what brutes the Chicoms were and remember wondering about the long-term sustainability of such a murderous regime.

Writing for a magazine put out by the Asia Pacific Anti Communist League. Boy, did we EVER get a lot of mileage out of that one. :laughing:

Celebrating my birthday somewhere.

Spent the morning listening to VOA, mid-afternoon on the train for two hours. Late afternoon consisted of walking around, looking at pools of blood, talking to people, running like hell from the hail of bullets that mowed down the crowd I was standing in, trying to find my dumbass German friend who suggested that we go to Beijing to see for ourselves what had happened. Spent the night in the lobby of a hotel. Went back to Tianjin the following morning.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]. . . people were killed trying to stop the army getting to the square, ordinary citizens of Beijing threw up road blocks and so on and were gunned down mercilessly.[/quote]I don’t want to revive any quarrels, but the Monday Taipei Times had an (AP wire service) article that dealt in part with that side of the events:

taipeitimes.com/News/editori … 2003442710