Where's the best Malaysian or Singaporean food?

The 4 kg of Mei Goreng I whipped up last night for the kids would be a definite contender.

1 Like

:popcorn:

Has to be the mother of all nasi lemak if TG is still at it after 5 hours…

Mr Che at the end of Fuxing (in DV8’s old locale).

1 Like

IMG20190422122207

Meh. Beef Rendang was hard chunks of stew meat. Laksa seemed okay, not sure the one I had at White Coffee other day wasn’t better

This popped up from a recent post. Whatever happened to Athula? He was saying that he probably needed to move because they were ‘developing’ the street that he was operating his shop on in Bitan but that was years ago (and development hasn’t happened) though he’s been gone for ~3 years. Did he simply move to some other location?

I think he went back to SL. Might have heard a rumor he came back, but not sure.

I avoid beef most of the time in Taiwan unless I am assured it will be quality as it just pisses me off and gets stuck in my teeth.

I only order the chicken rendang, laska and durian ice cream at Mr Che. all are usually excellent (the ice cream is packaged, but still good).

1 Like

I think it’s just a question of insufficient stewing here.

Only have the Laksa.

1 Like

Tried it, can’t see any reason to go back. Didn’t really satisfy the craving even though it kind of looks like it could.

Another Malaysian food place bites the dust. Mamak Taichung permanently closed.

They have a place near Yanji Street don’t they? Keep meaning to try it.

The worst

1 Like

1 Like

Normally go for the Beef Rendang since it’s summer and too hot for Laksa. But agree, the Laksa is very good, though recommend choosing your noodle. I like the thicker, yellow egg noodles. Hate the thin vermicelli type in Laksa (prefer it dry)

The Pandan chicken is awesome!

Ooh, looks like I’ll need to make a trip!

Hmm… it’s not Hainan Chicken RICE? Personally, the whole point of ordering this dish is the rice (boiled in chicken stock)… and please DON’T use Taiwanese short grain rice.

Pair the the chicken rice with garlic/chili sauce and it’s amazing. Prefer white meat chicken myself, but the chicken is not the point of the dish.

A little non-sequitur, but has anyone tried Indian food with Taiwanese short grain rice? Absolutely awful…

1 Like

Yup. Subtle flavors with your desired rice, chili, ginger, sweet soy sauce, cucumber slices, all not created equal. Is mostly just boiled chicken but the additions are what makes it. That’s why location/shop/stall is so important.

Couldn’t help myself junk food potato chips.

20190818_140106

1 Like