Which area

I’ll be spending a couple of weeks in Taiwan early December. I want about a week in Taipei - what is the best area to stay? Anyone suggest a good, cheap hotel? I’m in my 40’s not into clubbing anymore but REALLY like a good night out at decent bars with good beers, better company and nice food.

Hi Mark,

One hotel I used to stay at on business trips (before I moved here) was a small hotel on Nanking East Road called Hondo. It is fairly central to most places in taipei city. The rooms were smallish but always clean and comfortable and the rate was a round NT$2,500 per night. As I said, not sure how it is now but others may have another suggestion for you. I will try to find out more for you. As for the bar, come to our place at Tone 56 Live Bar. We are on Facebook and My Space if you want to check us out. We have a very friendly atmosphere, good food and live entertainment 4 nights a week. Have you been to Taipei before and which country are you from?

Greg and Rob

Hey Greg and Rob. Thanks for the info, I’ll look up the bar on line and hopefully get down there for a few beers. I’m a Londoner who has been living and working in the Caribbean for the past 7yrs - in the diving industry, hence the need for a CHEAP room.
Maybe see you next month.