Which Cable Channel is Best for Improving Your Chinese?

That is what he said, but what did he mean, and was he right, and who the fuck is Krashen anyway?[/quote]Haha. We had a discussion about what he meant above.

I guess this means that you still haven’t read any of the interesting and thought-provoking articles or the whole book available free on sdkrashen.com

Read the theories, read the evidence, read Krashen’s critics and followers and make your own mind up. I can give you some references if you need.

I watch N

I read that stuff a long time ago but the only thing I remember is - Writing makes you smarter… thought that was a pretty good line.

(But seriously though thanks for the link. I did read his stuff a long time ago when you gave it to me before and found a lot of it fascinating.)

I used to watch Xiao Wanzi/Maluko - a good cute (good cute, not Hello Kitty cute) cartoon.

Now I sometimes watch the Buddhist soaps (they run one at a time for a month or two at 8PM I think) on Da Ai, the Ciji (Tsu Chi) channel.

Brian

I watch YoYo TV to improve my Chinese. Well that’s my excuse anyway.

If you are a fairly advanced beginner maybe you can try Doraemon and 我們 這 一 家 / Women Zheyi Jia. They’re both easy to understand and are usually divided into short 10 minute skits so you don’t have to follow a long story arc.

Whatever it is you decide to watch it is preferable to get it in DVD format if possible. The pause, repeat, change the subtitle function etc. make all the difference…