Which Chanel of Cable TV in Taipei has Worldcup live program

Because obtaining the rights costs around US$3million for the tournament. At least that’s what Much is rumored to have payed. Snooker, 8-ball and SBL coverage come much cheaper. :unamused:

why is it that england gets hype for each and every world cup while their team simply sucks? :smiley:

I am seriously pissed off. Channel 50 (In Jiayi) which is MUCH T.V. is only showing the games from 12:00 A.M. and on. So I will miss all the early games.

Thank you very MUCH!!! :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume:

no 38 down there? too bad - you missed robben running all over the pitch.

Here in Xindian they’re showing games on Much TV (38) and Eranews channel (50) albeit with many drawbacks, namely the crappy commentary and the ad breaks right in the middle of games. Unfortunately like Citizen K mentioned earlier they have to pay the bills somehow so I’ll let them off on that one.

As for the commentary I’ve got a way around that BBC Five Live commentary it’s for UK users only but you can circumvent that easily enough with a proxy server. This is how I’ve been watching my footy for the past year since I can’t get English commentary here in Xindian and it’s worked very well (Alan Green rules).

[quote=“Qrap”]

As for the commentary I’ve got a way around that BBC Five Live commentary it’s for UK users only but you can circumvent that easily enough with a proxy server. This is how I’ve been watching my footy for the past year since I can’t get English commentary here in Xindian and it’s worked very well (Alan Green rules).[/quote]

This is what I was thinking of checking on, as well, but just haven’t gotten around to it. How does the commentary synch-up with the feed on the local channels here; is it pretty close or is there a noticeable delay?

I don’t know about this time round, but Japanorea 2002 cost them US$4m. And they considered it a profitable deal.

Uhhh…I taught my High School class and they told me to look on channel 111 and that I could find the games that are not on channel 50. I checked but it was all fuzz. Then I pushed the cable TV button on my remote and

Presto!

There it is.

Strange.

My High School students are so helpful. They have helped me find so many things down here in Jiayi. :bravo:

Now I am happy. Sorry for my ranting. :s

[quote=“Qrap”]Here in Xindian they’re showing games on Much TV (38) and Eranews channel (50) albeit with many drawbacks, namely the crappy commentary and the ad breaks right in the middle of games. Unfortunately like Citizen K mentioned earlier they have to pay the bills somehow so I’ll let them off on that one.

As for the commentary I’ve got a way around that BBC Five Live commentary it’s for UK users only but you can circumvent that easily enough with a proxy server. This is how I’ve been watching my footy for the past year since I can’t get English commentary here in Xindian and it’s worked very well (Alan Green rules).[/quote]
do you care to explain how you do this? I am very interested. Are you in the UK now or in Taiwan? Thanks for your help on this, i can’t stand the taiwanese commentaries.

I looked around to try and find live streaming audio but you have to pay for all of it (of course).

I want to know how to do it as well. :laughing:

Because of contractual obligations the BBC is not allowed to broadcast live games outside of the UK, therefore you will have to connect to the BBC via a proxy server located in the UK. So basically you have to trick the BBC servers into thinking that you’re from the UK via the proxy server.

IP : 129.12.3.75
Port : 3128

That’s the proxy I use for games and it’s worked well so far until last night, for some reason it crapped out on me before the USA vs Czech game. So when the game is on I turn off the sound on the TV and I listen to the commentary from Five Live instead of the local commentary.

Do a google search on how to connect to proxy servers with whatever kind of browser you’re using.

I don’t understand the paying out of the MUCH 年代 (channel 38 for me in Taipei) coverage on here. Yep, the 年代 (channel 50) coverage doesn’t have as many of the games, but I’m just happy to be able to see all the games! I hated the ads with the little box showing the game at first but I can tolerate them. So far they seem to be pretty good at switching back to the game when it looks like something’s about to happen.

One question, anyone recognise the song that they’ve been using as their ‘segue’/closing credits theme? Sounds like a Red Hot Chilli Peppers song.

We went to JB’s in Shi-da Lu to watch the Australia-Japan game. Not packed but a decent atmosphere, was in good company, I was able to jump up and down when we scored those 3 goals at the end without being socially ostracised. :slight_smile:

The Brit commentator we had for that game was pretty dull though. Bring back Simon Hill (the Pom who calls the Socceroos’ games for SBS TV in Australia)

It’s “Dani California” from their new album “Stadium Arcadium”. It’s a double album. Great stuff.

Hey Qrap,

for those that are not that computer literate–how do you set up a proxy server on your computer to get that live BBC feed…thanks!

Desperately looking for solid good football commentary.

[quote=“bbcintw”]Hey Qrap,

for those that are not that computer literate–how do you set up a proxy server on your computer to get that live BBC feed…thanks!

Desperately looking for solid good football commentary.[/quote]

Yeah. I have been trying to figure that one out as well.

Can anyone help? :help:

on the German team there is a player with the name “Schweinsteiger”

why is it that the commentator on Much channel always pronounce it like “Rob Steiger” …