Which general borough of Taichung would you recommend?

I have the option to be placed in the northern, eastern, western, or southern districts of taichung city (all still within the city area). I.e. if I choose north, I would be in the beitun district.
I’ve been living in beitun for a couple of weeks and I like it pretty well. But, I’m not too familiar with the other options.
Which one would.you choose and why (more northern, southern, eastern, or western)?
Thank you for any advice.

I like beitun, its cheaper than the rest and has REALLY nice areas. I lived there for a year. Now I live in Dakeng, where u can get a 6 story house for the same price as a 3 bdr apt in beitun, but itll add 15 mins to all ur commutes.

Thanks for the advice! I felt the same way, but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something somewhere else. Guess I’ll stay here!

Lots of foreigners in beitun, but I’ve been living in south district for years and also love it. Close to downtown. Seems a little cleaner in a way, easy to get out of the city too (highways, trains). Not as busy and expensive as west of the city. But that’s my preference maybe :slight_smile:

May I also suggest TungHai/DongHai University area?
If you like peace, go to Art Street and International Street GuoJiJie
If you like shopping, go to TungHai Villa
Air is much better, cleaner and cooler on top of the hill.
View is good. (especially when you stand above the haze, lol)

[quote=“keroliver”]May I also suggest TungHai/DongHai University area?
If you like peace, go to Art Street and International Street GuoJiJie
If you like shopping, go to TungHai Villa
Air is much better, cleaner and cooler on top of the hill.
View is good. (especially when you stand above the haze, lol)[/quote]

The view of the haze from the pedestrian bridge on the main highway can be great. I loved living on the top of the hill.