Which information will be kept in their computers?

Hi,
I got a couple of questions according to Visa-issues and staying in taiwan in generell.

Recently I got a new passport and I was wondering if the visa offices store all my records from the past? Well, I don’t have a bad record yet, but because I stay in taiwan already for 4 years and right now I kinda running out of good reasons for applying a new visa…
So, the question is: Do they nly check the recent provided documents and the new passport, or do they have all the former data in their pc?

A second question: Does anyone knows a good and convincing reason for applying an extendable sixty day visitor visa? They just issued me a non-extendable 60 days visa and i would like to know what kind of reason they may have for that?
How comes, that soe guys always got a extendable one with no problems and othrs only get a one month visa?

Thanks for reading and hopefully answering…
Richard

[quote=“plasrichard”]Hi,
I got a couple of questions according to Visa-issues and staying in taiwan in generell.

Recently I got a new passport and I was wondering if the visa offices store all my records from the past? Well, I don’t have a bad record yet, but because I stay in taiwan already for 4 years and right now I kinda running out of good reasons for applying a new visa…
So, the question is: Do they nly check the recent provided documents and the new passport, or do they have all the former data in their pc?

A second question: Does anyone knows a good and convincing reason for applying an extendable sixty day visitor visa? They just issued me a non-extendable 60 days visa and I would like to know what kind of reason they may have for that?
How comes, that soe guys always got a extendable one with no problems and othrs only get a one month visa?

Thanks for reading and hopefully answering…
Richard[/quote]

Well about why they did that…it all depends on things, like the day of the week, the mood the receptionist/director is in, planetary alignment, etc.

Like why I can’t figure out why the director here in Macau rejected someone for a visitor visa. I didn’t hear much but then when I had my interview, I got mine approved in 5 minutes even with having a 29 overstay stamp and he flat out offered to change it to a resident visa if I could just get my new boss to fax some papers to me.

Too bad for that guy and that my boss wasn’t at work today= =