Which kind of Taiwan girls attracts you the most?

Okay I am really new here and i am a Taiwanese girl.If there are any grammar mistakes, just forgive me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am always very curious about foreign people who come to Taiwan. Several days ago i found this website and …its so cool that i can ask my questions here :slight_smile:

I want to know why you come to Taiwan?
Do you come to Taiwan for pleasure or for work?
If you just come to here for pleasure then why you choose Taiwan.

Which kind of Taiwan girls (or boys) attracts you the most?
Tall? Short? Sexy? Cute?
And my friend told me her English teacher told her that foreign guys usually just “play” with girls and don’t want to take any responsibility. Her teacher think girls in Taiwan once see foreigners will throw herself on a man no matter how he looks like. How do you think that? Is that true? (btw my friend’s English teacher is a foreigner.)
So is that really doesn’t matter how she looks as long as she has good body?!
Is that how you choose your girl?

btw i saw several handsome guys skateboarding in the square in front of Taipei Longshan Temple several months ago :smiley:
but i was just too shy to talk to them.

The kind that will discuss Descartes in a comprehensible manner, while wriggling out of her bikini bottoms alluringly. And if you have spots on your bottom? Sorry, but that’s a dealbreaker. Only EYE can have spots on my bum in my relationships.

[quote=“huiyu0207”]Okay I am really new here and I am a Taiwanese girl.If there are any grammar mistakes, just forgive me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am always very curious about foreign people who come to Taiwan. Several days ago i found this website and …its so cool that i can ask my questions here :slight_smile:

I want to know why you come to Taiwan?
If you just come to here for pleasure then why you choose Taiwan.

Which kind of Taiwan girls (or boys) attracts you the most?
Tall? Short? Sexy? Cute?
And my friend told me her English teacher told her that foreign guys usually just “play” with girls and don’t want to take any responsibility. Her teacher think girls in Taiwan once see foreigners will throw herself on a man no matter how he looks like. How do you think that? Is that true? (btw my friend’s English teacher is a foreigner.)
So is that really doesn’t matter how she looks as long as she has good body?!
Is that how you choose your girl?

btw I saw several handsome guys skateboarding in the square in front of Taipei Long Shan Temple several months ago :smiley:
but i was just too shy to talk to them.[/quote]
Welcome to Forumosa! :slight_smile:
I’ve never been attracted to “cute”, because in Taiwan that often means infantile. Also, ALL men of a certain age just want to “play” and not take responsibility - it’s not a people of the world vs. Taiwanese thing. At some point or other, most men grow up and settle down.

Also, it is my belief that all men are attracted to a good body but many of us have other qualities that we find just as or more important in a romantic partner.

But what’s a “good body?” Fat? Thin? Muscular? Chunky (my personal preference)? Tall? Short?
Like, if a woman has a second toe longer than her big toe, there is simply NO WAY I’m about to even THINK about bumping uglies with her.

The kind that doesn’t complain about doing the dishes and taking out the garbage.

No: fake eyelashes, LV or Coach handbags or whatever, ghostly white skin, heavy makeup or listening to parents.

Oh, and no marriage-minded virgins :noway: either.

So I figure I’m working with about 1 or 2 percent of the nubility. :whistle:

Nubile means “ready for marriage”. Same etymology as “nuptials”.

I want a mindless nonce who only knows how to say “Hao Ke Ai AH!” or “Hao BANG AH!” or “Li Hai UH!”

They must repeat these sentences over and over again every time I do anything.

Nubile means “ready for marriage”. Same etymology as “nuptials”.[/quote]

I know, but I prefer the second definition of nubile:

2. Sexually mature and attractive. Used of young women.

That’s just the nature of being in a foreign country … unless you plan to stay here (or are open to the idea). There is a certain sort of foreigner who think it’s clever to shag as many girls as possible (and presumably acquire an impressive collection of diseases), but the majority of people who come here are decent, normal people who just want some, uh, company.

btw the foreign girls do it too … although their options are more limited :slight_smile:

Sort of. They first start looking ugly and growing hair in odd places. Shortly after that (usually after embarrassing themselves for a couple of years) they realise their market value is not what it used to be, and then they grow up and settle down.

Since I’m now on the ‘bargain basement’ rack … the ones who don’t run away. Personally I like extremely confident women - extra points for carrying their own handbags (and extra again for not having a handbag). But there aren’t many of those in Taiwan. Taiwanese women in general are more (physically) attractive than Americans and Europeans because they’re not fat.

Sort of. They first start looking ugly and growing hair in odd places. Shortly after that (usually after embarrassing themselves for a couple of years) they realise their market value is not what it used to be, and then they grow up and settle down.[/quote]

:laughing: So they grow out and settle down?

Yes to the following:
Smart
Mature
Fun-loving
Humorous
Adventurous
Independent
Confident
Sexy
A freak in the sack

No to the following:
Likes Hello Kitty/“kawaii” stuff
Wears heavy makeup
Whiny
Nagging
Moody
Needy
Clingy
Prudish
Virgin
Sickly
Depressive
Psycho
Bunions on feet

These lists are not exhaustive.

[quote=“huiyu0207”]I am always very curious about foreign people who come to Taiwan.

Which kind of Taiwan girls (or boys) attracts you the most?[/quote]

Hi huiyu0207,
welcome here and I hope you get a lot of good information. Be aware that some of the posters write their answers ironically (which means the opposite of what they say is true), and if you can figure out which those are that will be a good lesson in English for you :smiley:

Curiosity is great, just watch out that you’re not looking for this information in order to change yourself to fit the desired image. One of the most appreciated qualities in a person is when they are true to themselves.

Nice post Tash. I am a woman, so my opinion doesn’t really count, and yet here it is. Women who want to be sth. else. Women who want to be more ‘western’ and imbibe western attitudes and phrases (not language per se) just to appear more pleasing to foreign men are by far the most unattractive of them all. And the ones who calls themselves Barbie-Q…uggggghhh. I know I am going to get a lot of flak for this, but I just completely despise the idea of people changing their names to English names to conform. I wouldn’t do it, ever. Sure I have a Chinese name, and maybe I can use it so that I win a carrefour coupon or sth. equally crappy, but no way am I going to use it for work, open an FB account or basically make it my identity in my OWN friggin country, no less.

I am very proud of myself, my heritage and my name, and if people can’t pronounce it, they’ll learn. they all do!!!

Nubile means “ready for marriage”. Same etymology as “nuptials”.[/quote]
I know, but I prefer the second definition of nubile:

2. Sexually mature and attractive. Used of young women.[/quote]
I still remember the day in Italian class we learned the word for “unmarried young woman.”

The women in the classroom all smiled and strutted out their new word. “Ooooh, nubile!” :howyoudoin:

“So,” I asked, “what’s the word for bachelor?”

“Oh,” the teacher replied, “that’s celibe.”

:doh:

[quote=“huiyu0207”]I want to know why you come to Taiwan?
If you just come to here for pleasure then why you choose Taiwan.[/quote]It certainly wasn’t because I knew anything about the place!

[quote=“huiyu0207”]Which kind of Taiwan girls (or boys) attracts you the most?
Tall? Short? Sexy? Cute? [/quote]Intelligent. Attractive (not what you’d think of as sexy). Doesn’t think shopping is a sport. Doesn’t think acting like a 6-year-old is cute.

[quote=“huiyu0207”]
And my friend told me her English teacher told her that foreign guys usually just “play” with girls and don’t want to take any responsibility. Her teacher think girls in Taiwan once see foreigners will throw herself on a man no matter how he looks like. How do you think that? Is that true?[/quote]Yes. Maybe. Yay. Maybe. And, guys just say things like that to get girls to trust them… because once you’ve established trust, it’s easy to trip them into bed.

[quote=“huiyu0207”]So is that really doesn’t matter how she looks as long as she has good body?!
Is that how you choose your girl?[/quote]No, and no.

Interesting! I might disagree with you take on many another topic, but on this , you are quite right. My wife only uses her Chinese name, we met in England many moons ago and the topic came up and we basically agreed if someone couldn’t be bothered to take the effort to learn your name they weren’t worth diddly squat. She deals with foreign companies all the time, no one seems to have a problem remembering her name. In short, IMO its demeaning to change your name to make it easier for people to remember you.

Interesting! I might disagree with you take on many another topic, but on this , you are quite right. My wife only uses her Chinese name, we met in England many moons ago and the topic came up and we basically agreed if someone couldn’t be bothered to take the effort to learn your name they weren’t worth diddly squat. She deals with foreign companies all the time, no one seems to have a problem remembering her name. In short, IMO its demeaning to change your name to make it easier for people to remember you.[/quote]

I agree that taking on an English name for that reason is weak. And kudos to your wife on the attitude.
However, it would be unfair to many Taiwanese who don’t do it for that reason, but simply think it’s fun to have an English name. Just as I think it’s fun to have a Chinese one :slight_smile:

Most of us just like girls that like us ! Thats an excellent start right there at least for me it is !

Taking on an English name is just a habit or convention. If anything it is a sign of cultural chauvinism and not personal weakness since it results from Taiwanese thinking westerners are too dumb to pronounce their Chinese names. And honestly, anyone who thinks that isn;t a real issue is playing games. It is very difficult to pronounce many Chinese names properly without some background in the language. So would you like to have someone butcher your name everytime they spoke? Would you like to hear it butchered every day by everyone?

I only have to hear a few people call me Lober, and not very often. If I knew it would be every day I might opt for something more local.