Which kind of Taiwan girls attracts you the most?

[quote=“Mucha Man”]Taking on an English name is just a habit or convention. If anything it is a sign of cultural chauvinism and not personal weakness since it results from Taiwanese thinking westerners are too dumb to pronounce their Chinese names. And honestly, anyone who thinks that isn;t a real issue is playing games. It is very difficult to pronounce many Chinese names properly without some background in the language. So would you like to have someone butcher your name everytime they spoke? Would you like to hear it butchered every day by everyone?

I only have to hear a few people call me Lober, and not very often. If I knew it would be every day I might opt for something more local.[/quote]

I think its perfectly fine for Taiwanese to adopt an english first name. And most of them like it and they often change it if they dont like it. One day she could be Mary, the next day Tammy. Whats funny (to me) is when they come up with weird first names (you have seen many im sure) that are certainly not your average christian names.

[quote=“huiyu0207”]Which kind of Taiwan girls (or boys) attracts you the most?
Tall? Short? Sexy? Cute? [/quote]
All of those words could be used to describe someone I might want to have sex with. But I’ll have sex with almost anyone, except Maoman. In fact, i’d probably have sex with Maoman if his wife would join in.

Honey, your questions are all about sex. Sex has nothing to do with whether people like you. The single most important piece of information you need is that all men are dogs. They (we) don’t think, don’t care, and have no self-control. It’s all about sex, sex, and more sex.

If you are here to figure out how to make men “like you” then the result will be that someone will have sex with you and then leave you. And it will happen again, and again, until you stop.

Why will they leave you?

They will leave you if you are not fun to be with after sex. Instead of asking for reasons why someone should like you, ask for the reasons why they wouldn’t. There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of reasons to like someone. But the reasons for not liking or caring about you are very few.

Basically, Taiwanese girls are immature and underconfident. I’m talking about the average, and there are always exceptions, but the normal girls we meet every day have a few qualities which make them unsuitable as real friends:

• too cute
  • not confident
  • don’t know anything about the real world
  • controlled by your parents
  • too cute
  • care about cute
  • want to be liked, like a puppy, creating pressure for us
  • need to be taken care of all the time
  • too much make up
  • white skin
  • too cute
  • afraid of the sun
  • can’t swim (in the ocean)
  • can’t make decisions
  • don’t communicate what you really want/think
  • always late
  • too cute
  • unhealthy lifestyle
  • assume that all foreigners are the same

Basically, if you want foreign men to like you, you need to be healthy and confident. You need to believe in yourself, you need to be strong enough that nobody can hurt you. You need to be independent, energetic, and experienced enough to recognise that a lot of them (us) are not worth your time.

In short, you need to be a lot more experienced and be different from normal Taiwanese girls. To change yourself is hard, because you may have to spend a lot of time with people who just want your body. If you succeed, you will find it harder to live in your own country, because you will be different from everyone else, and you may discover that the cool foreign guys are really not very cool after all.

On the other hand, if you just want sex, drop me a line. Or anyone else. I’m sure we would all be happy to help you out. (Unless you look like Maoman.)

I mostly agree with you, and encourage my students who don’t use an English name. But the reality is that many names are difficult to pronounce, or inappropriate, in other cultures.

I know a girl called Wei-ting, which will inevitably be heard as “waiting.” The OP is using Huiyu, and will probably be known as “Hey, you!” if she doesn’t come up with something more dignified.

I believe this comic strip accurately describes the situation:

charismaman.com/index.html

I like all the hotties, with them lovely, slender, smooth legs, and feather light summer dresses (make up free, of course).

It’s paradise out there at the moment, for a lover of all things fine and feminine like myself…

Pity the poor, unfortunate “I-Yung Ho”. Real name.

[quote=“Mucha Man”]

I only have to hear a few people call me Lober, and not very often. If I knew it would be every day I might opt for something more local.[/quote]

Ahhh yes!! Surely. But would you call yourself Wang Lee in Canada???

Interesting! I might disagree with you take on many another topic, but on this , you are quite right. My wife only uses her Chinese name, we met in England many moons ago and the topic came up and we basically agreed if someone couldn’t be bothered to take the effort to learn your name they weren’t worth diddly squat. She deals with foreign companies all the time, no one seems to have a problem remembering her name. In short, IMO its demeaning to change your name to make it easier for people to remember you.[/quote]

I agree that taking on an English name for that reason is weak. And kudos to your wife on the attitude.
However, it would be unfair to many Taiwanese who don’t do it for that reason, but simply think it’s fun to have an English name. Just as I think it’s fun to have a Chinese one :slight_smile:[/quote]
Cool, but would you want your in-laws/husband, employers to call you Lee Mei or whatever or would you be a Tash in your REAL life??? I dunno, I find it deplorable really, the things people do to ‘fit in’. I mean I am glad Arnold Schwarzenegger didn’t change his name to fit in.

And the whole BS about Wei-Ting should be more ‘dignified’ is crap. Who decides dignified?? English speakers…but it’s not them I have a problem with. Ofcourse they want a TW wife and they love her, but she better have a ‘dignified’ western name. I get annoyed, by us Asians, who want to bend over backwards, forwards and sideways to get the whites to screw us, is what bothers me!!! In that sense, the Africans and are hopefully a lot less ashamed of their names. Hopefully!

[quote=“Loretta”]
I know a girl called Wei-ting, which will inevitably be heard as “waiting.” The OP is using Huiyu, and will probably be known as “Hey, you!” if she doesn’t come up with something more dignified.[/quote]

OMG. My name usually be very beautiful and meaningful in Chinese. “Hey, you!” is definitely not what i had expected to be called.
I posted this one is not asking what can make people like me, i don’t need and i don’t care that actually. Like i said, i just really curious about what you think! I would like to hear every of you’s idea about this topic. No matter how stupid or rude it might be. :slight_smile:

[quote=“huiyu0207”][quote=“Loretta”]
I know a girl called Wei-ting, which will inevitably be heard as “waiting.” The OP is using Huiyu, and will probably be known as “Hey, you!” if she doesn’t come up with something more dignified.[/quote]

OMG. My name usually be very beautiful and meaningful in Chinese. “Hey, you!” is definitely not what I had expected to be called.
[/quote]
Only somebody who is ignorant,arrogant and inconsiderate will call you that to your face. Anybody else will first ask how you pronounce your name and try it.

I’ve had this ever since I’ve been inTaiwan (ONLY Taiwan – nobody else in any other country I’ve been to has a problem with it, but then, I guess them other countries have a bit less of the ignorant country bumpkin in 'em.) “Sandy? Tee Hee! That’s a GIRL’S name!” To which I respond (depending on circumstance, of course) "A GIRL’S name? You think I’m a GIRL? So why don’t you suck my cock and find out?"

Copyright Furry Freak Brothers circa 1975

I have a Chinese name, much to my chagrin, but I only give it when absolutely necessary. The rest of the time I just tell 'em my name. “But what’s your CHINESE name?”
“I don’t have one, seeing as how, you know? I’m not fucking Chinese? I don’t care. Call me whatever you like – Mao Zedong? Chiang Kai-chek? Chou En-lai? Lee Teng-hui? Chen Shui-bian?I don’t care. Just write any of 'em down, Ms – What’s this? Anus Chang? ANUS? Are you KIDDING me?”

[quote=“divea”][quote=“huiyu0207”][quote=“Loretta”]

OMG. My name usually be very beautiful and meaningful in Chinese. “Hey, you!” is definitely not what I had expected to be called.
[/quote]
Only somebody who is ignorant,arrogant and inconsiderate will call you that to your face. Anybody else will first ask how you pronounce your name and try it.[/quote]

Unless you conduct any international business where communication efficiency matters instead of making sure the gigantic chip on your shoulder does not fall.

Horses for courses. Short nick, handle simplifies the job and it does not have to be “English”.

My first name has 10 letters which do not make sense when attempting to pronounce them in English. My friends know how to say it correctly but I would need to be “arrogant and inconsiderate” to force all of my business contacts to go through pronunciation class.

I love unconventional Taiwanese “English” names even though they perplex English speakers. :sunglasses:

[quote=“sandman”]I’ve had this ever since I’ve been inTaiwan (ONLY Taiwan – nobody else in any other country I’ve been to has a problem with it, but then, I guess them other countries have a bit less of the ignorant country bumpkin in 'em.) “Sandy? Tee Hee! That’s a GIRL’S name!” To which I respond (depending on circumstance, of course) "A GIRL’S name? You think I’m a GIRL? So why don’t you suck my cock and find out?"

I have a Chinese name, much to my chagrin, but I only give it when absolutely necessary. The rest of the time I just tell 'em my name. “But what’s your CHINESE name?”
“I don’t have one, seeing as how, you know? I’m not fucking Chinese? I don’t care. Call me whatever you like – Mao Zedong? Chiang Kai-chek? Chou En-lai? Lee Teng-hui? Chen Shui-bian?I don’t care. Just write any of 'em down, Ms – What’s this? Anus Chang? ANUS? Are you KIDDING me?”[/quote]
My kind of man!! Now wouldn’t it be great if Ms. Chow did that too??? Isn’t authenticity a great trait. Worse is when these women go mouthing ‘Western Culture’. Uggggggghhhhhhhhhh.Surprisingly, TW men married to foreign women don’t try to westernize themselves. None that I know of at least!

[quote=“divea”][quote=“sandman”]I’ve had this ever since I’ve been inTaiwan (ONLY Taiwan – nobody else in any other country I’ve been to has a problem with it, but then, I guess them other countries have a bit less of the ignorant country bumpkin in 'em.) “Sandy? Tee Hee! That’s a GIRL’S name!” To which I respond (depending on circumstance, of course) "A GIRL’S name? You think I’m a GIRL? So why don’t you suck my cock and find out?"

“I don’t have one, seeing as how, you know? I’m not fucking Chinese? I don’t care. Call me whatever you like – Mao Zedong? Chiang Kai-chek? Chou En-lai? Lee Teng-hui? Chen Shui-bian?I don’t care. Just write any of 'em down, Ms – What’s this? Anus Chang? ANUS? Are you KIDDING me?”[/quote]
My kind of man!! Now wouldn’t it be great if Ms. Chow did that too??? Isn’t authenticity a great trait. Worse is when these women go mouthing ‘Western Culture’. Uggggggghhhhhhhhhh.Surprisingly, TW men married to foreign women don’t try to westernize themselves. None that I know of at least![/quote]
I only know one Ms Chow and she has the belly of a 17-year-old, despite having had two kids, so …

her name doesn’t matter!!! Dignified or not!

[quote=“sandman”]
I only know one Ms Chow and she has the belly of a 17-year-old, despite having had two kids, so …[/quote]
I KNOW!!! I was just thinking that yesterday :loco: I would hate her if I didn’t love her so much.

I think this brings us nicely back on topic. If we were to describe Ms Chow (looks and personality), you’d probably get a good list of qualities foreign men like to see in a Taiwanese woman, no?

[quote=“huiyu0207”]
Like I said, i just really curious about what you think! I would like to hear every of you’s idea about this topic. No matter how stupid or rude it might be. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Girls who open their legs on the first date :smiley:

When I met my wife, I’d been back from the Middle East for a couple years, but I’d be damned if I called her ‘Kate’. I thought (and still think) that the use of ‘English Names’ was ridiculous, infantile and somewhat insulting.

Having said that, when I tried to pronounce her name I never could get it right, so we agreed to simplify the pronunciation a bit. However, we never expected to wind up here in Taiwan, where my name for her is a source of some confusion.

BUT, I AM NOT GOING TO CALL HER KATE.

Even if ‘Kate’ is a rather nice name.

But, back to topic.

I like the kind of ‘girl’ that has a strong personality, an understanding of her self-worth, a willingness to let me know when I’m screwing up and likes the idea that I try to say her real name. Oh, and if she has a mean right-hook* and a willingness to use it, even better.

Just like my wife.

• A hook is a punch in boxing.

Damn, the whole office heard my big fat laugh.

And to answer the questions:

Both

The ones who show some extroversion and a total absence of any sort of taboo.

Mostly true for exchange students in Taiwan for 6 months or a year max.
Mostly wrong for the rest of us who have a job here and are living with a Taiwanese lady :wink:

Even though a certain vein of this thread has deviated quite a bit from the original topic … I find it quite a bit more interesting than the original (certainly that has been talked to death here before). divea makes some excellent points about the lack of necessity of Taiwanese people adopting English names, and I agree. However, I don’t think it has to be so cut and dried.
As someone who has spent a great deal of time learning foreign languages, I find that it is a great help to have a name that people can call you in that language that sounds at least somewhat familiar to their ears. For example, at one point I spoke Japanese about as well as I speak Mandarin, but it always felt weird to hear people refer to me as Pii-taa san or something awful sounding like that.
In Taiwan, the only people who call me Peter are my wife’s family and my students. None of them say it quite right, in my opinion, and I’d much rather hear Da Xiong. It sounds more natural than “Pita” or “Peee-ta” and it also helps me feel more adapted or, dare I say, assimilated.
Now, I totally agree with divea when she says that no one should be forced to adopt an English name because English speakers “can’t” pronounce their Chinese names. And I have always hated “assigning” English names to young learners who don’t really have a say in the matter. However, I do honestly think that many, if not most, Taiwanese people adopt English names for fun, smoothness on the ears, or, as in my case, feeling more connected with a language and culture they have spent a lot of time learning about.
:2cents: