Which non-consulates of the renegade island easily grant visas?

My anarchist friend says that award goes to Hong Kong. Vancouver, Canada requires proof of income to grant a 30-day, yet this is automatic (as per recent changes) for many nations anyway, right? Is Canada included? I fully expect that the local office will tell me that the landing visa is only 14 day when in fact it is discretionary or actually 30. This is my experience with other countries - foreign embassies don’t really know what goes on once you hit the tarmac.

If I had a bank account will thousands I wouldn’t be going to Taiwan! Since it’s possible to borrow cash, sit it in the bank, apply after a few months, and then repay the loan - it seems like a futile gesture in bureaucracy. Confucious - thy name is paper work.

But my question was actually where is the simplest place. Home country it is not in my case.

The same malcontent Asiaphile told me that it’s a well-known ‘secret’ - you fly to Hong Kong and to see one travel agency that does this routinely.

You should be able to get a 30-day tourist visa most anywhere pretty easily.

In Vancouver at least you must prove ‘sufficent funds’ in a recent bank account statement. I am part of the cash economy (no, nothing illegal) and thus don’t use banks.

Sounds like yet another ‘paper trip’ since all it would take is borrowing funds, opening an account, waiting a month, then repaying the loan. I don’t know why they even bother. But I am leaving to soon to do that.

Is there anyone on this forum who - how to put this delicately so as to not upset anyone - has been in upcountry Taiwan 6 months plus, has no degree, is studying Chinese yet would be hard presseed to ever pass a test.

[quote=“edgrimley”]In Vancouver at least you must prove ‘sufficent funds’ in a recent bank account statement. I am part of the cash economy (no, nothing illegal) and thus don’t use banks.
[/quote]

How about showing them a wad of travellers checks? Call the Vancouver office and ask if that will work, and if so, about how much is necessary. If you find out, please post the info here.