Which phone would you go for?

which one?

• I Phone
  • N96

0 voters

IPhone or Nokia N96??

that new N96 looks like it has everything i was hoping to see in a cellphone,anyone has tried it?

[quote=“dablindfrog”]IPhone or Nokia N96??

that new N96 looks like it has everything I was hoping to see in a cellphone,anyone has tried it?[/quote]They have completely different interfaces. The N96 has some real buttons but no touchscreen. And it’s more heavily reliant on menus. If you really don’t mind that kind of interface, then go for it. Personally, I think I’d find it frustrating. Once you’ve used a touchscreen smartphone it’s hard to go back.

I agree, though the N96 looks really cool, the interface is what gives the iPhone an edge.

so to go to ur contacts on nokia you press a button,while on Iphone you “touch” an onscreen logo…that’s where the difference ends?

[quote=“dablindfrog”]so to go to your contacts on nokia you press a button,while on Iphone you “touch” an onscreen logo…that’s where the difference ends?[/quote]For accessing the contacts list, yes, that’s where the difference ends. If all you want to do on your phone is scroll through your contacts, then I’d strongly suggest getting a cheap feature phone!

Seriously, think about it. On the Nokia you have dedicated media player keys and a camera key (I’m guessing the volume up/down key doubles as a zoom control). You also have a menu key, a directional control, a left and right soft key, and a numeric keypad. So for phoning people (including speed dialling), listening to music, and taking photos, the Nokia probably beats the iPhone in terms of usability.

However, there’s no qwerty keypad so emails and texts are more of a hassle, as is entering detailed contact data. The browser’s much clunkier and you don’t get all the functionality of the touchscreen with that - no easy zooming and panning or selecting links just by tapping them. And it’s not as easy to browse through media files. You can’t handwrite quick notes and store them in the phone. And even some games aren’t as nice - things like Solitaire require a lot of clicking. Also, if you want to change settings you have to keep going through a series of menus, which means a whole lot of clicks. Decent smartphone interfaces, such as the that on the iPhone, are set up so changing settings is easier.

There’s a reason why all the major manufacturers, including Nokia, are focusing on touch screens for their new high-end smartphones. If you don’t actually need all that functionality, you might want to reconsider getting any kind of smartphone at all. There are quite a few cheaper feature phones available that will do pics/videos/music/basic emails/very basic browsing. Nokia make a few, including ones with dedicated media player keys and fairly decent cameras.

thanks for the detailed post joesax,

had seen how looking at pics is somewhat cool on the iphone,it’s rightly so a major advantage over other smartphones.

how about the screen?does it come out alright after a few months of use?(scratchwise)

Yeah, the glass is very sturdy. My iPhone has seen quite a bit of action and I don’t keep it in a case, but it is scratch free.