Which Taiwanese mobile carrier offers the best 4G service with unlimited data?

which Taiwanese mobile carrier offers the best 4G service with unlimited data?
what are the monthly rates like? (note, I do not want prepaid service)

I’m using iPhone 6 Plus and it should have the suitable 4G bands for Taiwan. At least that’s what Apple(US) told me.

Thanks!

Unless you are a student, the best rate you can get for unlimited 4G with any carrier is just below 1000 NTD per month, usually above 980.

There is T-star which offers unlimited 4G just under 800, or 600 if you are under 25. However, T-star is a carrier on the brink and has less 4G bandwidth to begin with.

The other carriers are pretty much the same, I don’t think CHT’s 4G really has anything over that of Taiwan Mobile or Fareastone. If you are not a student and has to get unlimited 4G with CHT, then there is a 1199 tablet plan, where you can get a tablet (if you need one that is) and then use the 4G card on your phone.

2 Likes

I think the current best deal for really FAST unlimited data is with Taiwan Mobile.
It is also the cheapest one with 998 NT$ monthly and if you sign a 2 year contract
(you said you not interested in prepaid), you can get a midrange new cellphone for
(almost) free.

[quote=“MoTi”]I think the current best deal for really FAST unlimited data is with Taiwan Mobile.
It is also the cheapest one with 998 NT$ monthly and if you sign a 2 year contract
(you said you not interested in prepaid), you can get a midrange new cellphone for
(almost) free.[/quote]

Thanks!

How “unlimited” is Taiwan Mobile’s Unlimited Data plan?

I’m currently in the US and using Verizon unlimited data plan
(plane no longer offered, but I’m grandfathered in). I usually
use around 100GB on the phone itself, and another 500GB with
wifi hotspot tethering.

totally unlimited and wifi tethering is legal …
I have never heard that someone’s access has been restricted regarding GB amount nor speed.
But I don’t exclude there is this possibility …
Keep in mind that most households have internet-connection anyway …

A year ago I signed a two year contract with ChungHwa Telecom for about 1300NT/month that included unlimited 4G data.

With that monthly fee, I paid about 2000NT for my HTC M8.

When it comes to coverage, CHT claims they have the best coverage, but my gf is on Taiwan Mobile and in some places, she gets services where I don’t and vice versa. However, I do know CHT compared to FarEast, CHT gets better coverage in the mountains than FarEast.

Hope that helps.

so to update this a little.
is it still btwn Taiwan Mobile and CHT?
Im figuring my wife and I can get one and one prepaid while we sort our IDs out and then get contracts, thusly also checking specific reception in the Tainan area and around where we will potentially live.

Do prepaid cards have unlimited data as an option? or is it by MB or GB that you pay to load on them?

thanks!

The high value prepaid and unlimited data can be found at Taoyuan airport. I don’t know why they have it like this, but other prepaid SIMs do not have as good rates and unlimited data. Nonetheless, if you have a week or two before your IDs drop and need data/phone, you really don’t have much of a choice, but to buy straight from the carriers.

Coverage in the city shouldn’t be a major issue, it’s more of when you go out into the mountains or more rural areas do you have to check the reception. I remember visiting Tainan on CHT and had no issues with coverage.

1 Like

awesome! tks for the recommendation.
ill be sure to grab a couple o sims at TPE airport than. funny how that works.
sometimes airport exchange rates are better too.

found this

pretty nice details in english about the sim cards. and apparently they are at both airports.

this is what it gave me for CHT
https://www.klook.com/activity/1653-sim-card-taiwan-taipei/?aid=186
apparently yhe $16 usd is for the 10 day
and i assume TWM $10 is the shorter day one?
https://www.klook.com/activity/1503-sim-card-taiwan-taipei/?aid=186

now i just gotta figure out how to get 30 days…
but $10for 10 daysmeans 30 forthe month…so similar to contract iguess… exceptmaybe with less minutes.
says you can call overseas and everything.
ihave an international calling planonmy verizon now for an extra $15 a month i have unlimited calling to TW landlines. cell are 12c per min. most of europe and americas cell are free/included
but i know when i go to TW, the rates skyrocket if i use my sim.

also, says if u reserve online you get a discount, and if you do a survey, you get bonus minutes.

Something you may not know about cell phones in Taiwan, incoming calls are all free and don’t count towards your allotted minutes.

Cool! It’s like in Mexico than. Very nice