Which Visa is best?

I’m an American who would like to return to Taiwan. Yes, I’ve lived there for a few years but never did the “visa thing” quite right and there always seems to be some problem with getting one. On top of that, I’ve heard that the laws have changed recently.

Does anyone know the proper visa that can be obtained while still in the US that will let me go to Taiwan, find a job, BUT not have to leave again to go to Hong Kong?

P.S. I have a girlfriend there and plan on getting married…if that will make things any easier.

[quote=“dagacheme”].

Hmm, I think you must have a VISITOR’s VISA which you may obtain
at you nearest TECO …you may switch that to either a “student visa” which means naught, but you can stay as long as you enroll in Chinese classes…you must leave every hmm, six months…memeory is vague…

Otherwise, you may sign up with Hess or other chain schools (DONT!) before you leave and they will take care of all this shit before you leave…

HEY CONGRATULATIONS!

But no, it doesn’t mean a thing until you have that magic “married to a local gal visa.”

Anyway, good luck

jds

[quote=“dagacheme”]I’m an American who would like to return to Taiwan. Yes, I’ve lived there for a few years but never did the “visa thing” quite right and there always seems to be some problem with getting one. On top of that, I’ve heard that the laws have changed recently.

Does anyone know the proper visa that can be obtained while still in the US that will let me go to Taiwan, find a job, BUT not have to leave again to go to Hong Kong?

P.S. I have a girlfriend there and plan on getting married…if that will make things any easier.[/quote]

I’m sort of in the same boat. The difference for me is that I’ve never lived there, just visited.

From what I’ve heard you have to get a visa that makes u leave the country every 2 months or something.

So jdsmith is saying that if ur taking chinese classes u can get a student visa only making you leave twice a year. That sounds a lot better.