Which Word Do You Have the Most Trouble Saying?

I did a search but nothing came up. I’ve always had a problem with the word “inevitable.” For some reason, I can’t say that word smoothly the first time. I think it is the I-N-E in the beginning that gets me tongue tied. But when I consciously have to say that word, I can say it properly. Weird.

How about you?

Like this?

Kim Jong Il: Now you see, the changing of the worrd is inevitabre!
Lisa: I’m sorry, it’s what?
Kim Jong Il: Inevit, inevitabre.
Lisa: One more time.
Kim Jong Il: [shouts] Inevitebre! Jesus Christ, open your fucking ears!

Edumacation

Bandanna.
Cunnilingus.

swimming

Supercalafragilisticispaidocious!

No.

:blush:

Tikitiktembonosrememboooo…or something…

I uesd to have a really big problem saying “luminous”.

I used to say rolly instead of lorry.

Yet another reason why you’ve adapted so well to living here…

Enough!

HG

I thought you ment Chinese words. The road in front of the Tuntex tower in Kaohsiung, I always pronounced like the Chinese word for Haemroid. However you spell that. Anyway, because that was the way it’s spelled in English on the sign. Cab drivers used to crack up, till I found out and started telling them to take me to the building with 85 floors.

I don’t know if there are any words that leave me tongue-tied. The missus has always struggled with “macaroni”.

It’s amazing how many people can’t pronounce “nuclear”.
Even Dubya - who you’d’ve thought would have more reason than most to get it right - says “noo-kyoo-ler”.

:stuck_out_tongue:

That’s easy! Just remember - the “p” is silent… :stuck_out_tongue:

simultaneously
and
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

I always get tripped up on the full name for Bangkok:

Krungthepmahanakhon Amornrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharat Ratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphiman Awatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasit

which translates into english as

The city of angels, the great city, the residence of the Emerald Buddha, the impregnable city (of Ayutthaya) of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated God, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukarn.

aluminum, linoleum, millennium are all easy to say individually, but try saying them together.
And speaking of aluminum, why do the Brits pronounce it a-lu-MI-nium? :s

[/img]

llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerych … ogoch.com/

You can send an email from this address: