Whisbih

Anybody here ever drink a bottle of Whisbih? The look of the bottle and the places I’ve seen a bottle sitting have scared me away from it so far. What is it exactly? Is it the local equivalent of redbull? I gather it’s some kind of legal drug cocktail to keep you going long after you should have crashed – I’ll take a crate with me to grad school back in the states when I go if it’s harmless.

It’s basically a stimulation drink, best served with alcohol. A throwback to the peasant Taiwan. Taste is bitter. Save your dough and invest it on a bottle of good scotch. :wink:

It’s sad that it took someone a year to offer a reply!

Ho kee luh!

Ciao,

Joe Thanks

aren’t there 3 kinds of the stuff? i see them in local convenient stories. whisby, pangolin and ersthile, are they all the same? jsut sugar and water?

Whisby may have sugar, but it doesn’t taste like it. It’s bitter. Coffee-like bitter (but a different flavor, as I can’t stomach coffee at all, but it is bitter in that fashion). It’s not sweet, at least not to me. I have only had whispby. What’s Pangolin and Ersthile? If only they had absynth!

Ciao,

Joe Thanks

I thought that Whisbih already had some alcohol in it?

I thought that when I thought it was a bad translation of Whisky. But I hope it hasn’t, who would live in a building built by Whisbih drinkers ? or take a bus driven by Whisbih drinkers ?

Drunk a couple of bottles once on my unrepeatable bing lang ninge (beer, and 2 year old dodgy tea brandy were also involved).

Whisbih has an extremely low alcohol content. Not enough that you’d notice, but there for a little stimulation apparently. Other than that it’s a potent cocktail of every other legal stimulant you can think of: caffeine, taurine, nicotine, and a few others. There’s something els int here too like pseudoephedrine. Apparently there’s one ingredient in their that makes it illegal in most countries.

The taste is a real bite. but if you sort of go with it it’s OK if you’re int he right frame of mind. It really got me buzzing, but of course it’s hard to know how much was this wisbeh and how much was the bing lang. I might have to try it another time without the nut.

Brian

I thought that when I thought it was a bad translation of Whisky. But I hope it hasn’t, who would live in a building built by Whisbih drinkers ? or take a bus driven by Whisbih drinkers ?[/quote]

You! most of us, actually. We don’t have a choice. Frightening, isn’t it? It’s like a FiGHT CLUB situation.

Ciao,

Joe Thanks