Whistler skiing - what's your favourite run(s)?

I’m going to Whistler/Blackcome for CNY for a week and haven’t been there before. :bouncy: :discodance: :yay: :banana: :nyah:
I skipped skiing last year and have been itching since.

So, for those who love skiing, which runs do you recommend? We’re pretty confident skiers, around a level 7/8. We used to ski a lot in the east coast of Canada, St.Anne, Tremblant, Massif, Stoneham. We can handle the black diamonds on those mountains but Whistler is so much bigger and the snow is thicker - different skiing conditions. East coast is skating on ice half the time; it’s rare that we get knee high snow. The scenery at St.Anne and Massif is amazing on some runs.

And, how to avoid the crowd getting up the lifts?
And, how to avoid the runs that share/merge with green runs(beginners)?

I read that there are trail guides that will show you around the hill for free. Are they any good?

Thanks! :bouncy: :discodance: :yay: :banana:

Really, Whistler sucks terribly. You’d hate it, you really would. Do yourself a big favour, stay in Taipei for CNY and give me your tickets. I’ll willingly sacrifice my holiday in order to ensure that you are not disappointed.

Good one, kellohitty. Is there even a way to avoid crowds getting up on lifts anywhere beside showing some skin?

Uh, not to rain on your parade, but have to checked the weather reports?
We’ve just had 20-odd consecutive days of rain, and there’s more on the way. All kinds of hills are shut down. I’m not sure the conditions at Whister specifically, but do your self a favour and check into it before you end up spending CNY watching the rain from your lodge.

Oh dear kellohitty, if it rains you might be stuck indoors doing something like wabbits. :blush:

Or go shopping. Yeah, and check out the fantasmic restaurants. Or use the gym facilities in your hotel. IF it rains (knock on wood) there will be a ton of other stuff to do.

You are so lucky. I couldn’t get a flight out. :frowning:

[quote=“914”]Oh dear kellohitty, if it rains you might be stuck indoors doing something like wabbits. :blush:
[/quote]
They have nothing to eat but lettuce up at Whistler?

This is the snow report. And it’s awesome.

whistlerblackcomb.com/weathe … /index.htm

Seems like it’s all good.

914: I’ll need to stock up on batteries then.

Yeah, it’s hovering around 0 now, but it looks like you might have buckets of virgin powder to play in, lucky sod.

[quote]Valley Forecast

FLASH SNOWS THROUGH NEXT WEEK COULD BE HUGE MUCH OF BC…ESPECIALLY WHISTLER TO FERNIE, SOUTHERN BUGABOOS, SELKIRKS, KOOTENAYS. MANY AREAS SHOULD SEE AT LEAST 1-2 FEET OVER NEXT 6 DAYS AND SOME AREAS 3 FEET.

MIDDAY MAPS EVEN MORE EMPHATIC THAT SNOWS WILL PERSIST INTO MONDAY NOW AND BE VERY HEAVY MANY AREAS IN SOUTHERN BC AND ALBERTA, ESPECIALLY THIS WEEKEND INTO MONDAY [/quote]Current 5 day forecast

On sale at LD. I checked the flyers for you already.

:discodance: :discodance: :discodance:
Hey, no one’s given me any advice yet about runs.

[quote=“kellohitty”]:discodance: :discodance: :discodance:
Hey, no one’s given me any advice yet about runs.[/quote]

Take the BLACK ones…more chance to spend a longer time overseas :smiling_imp:

For real, there are 2 kind of skiers:
The ones who like to see the scenery and stop each 50 meters, and the ones which go in chuss downhill and never noticed the environment.
I guess you should find out yourself when there?

I like to stop and smell the roses, or in this case, look at the beautiful scenery. I would recommend St.Anne for scenery too. It’s really beautiful, but cold…oh so cold when the wind blows from the lake up the mountain.

For pure blasting it down beautifully groomed and even trails on blue/black diamond runs, go to Le Massif. From top to bottom you can count on the same steepness and well groomed trails.
Grand slalom people! Woohoo!

I am interested in Whistler, but more for mountain biking - they have some awesome stuff over there :sunglasses: If you dont mind me asking, what is it costing you to get over there??