White Lives Matter

Redneck social justice…

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m … story.html

[quote]A large vigil held days after the shooting drew a crowd of officers, who blocked the road for safety, police said.

Fresno residents and friends and family of Noble carried a large Confederate flag as they confronted police, while others posted signs at a memorial that said “Justice for Dylan,” and “White Lives Matter.”

Videos of the gathering posted online show dozens of motorcycles and trucks participating in a lively sideshow. Drivers revved their engines and raced down a strip of road as they were cheered by onlookers.[/quote]

How everyone responds to this will either demonstrate or refute a racial double standard. Those who would refute have to counteract all the people who harshed on the “all lives matter” talk. They really made BLM look racist not too long ago.

Remember, police are the enforcement arm of government. And this is Californy, which is a bastion of lefty virtue signaling and big government, and not necessarily a place you oughta be.

There’s no double standard if your IQ is not single digits. Black Lives Matters is a question of focus not exclusion. Nothing in the moment ever claimed white lives or any other didn’t matter. It simply focused on one group. Don’t like it start your own slogan. Which these people did. And while I agree White Lives Matter it sounds really silly if not menacing to go around rallying over such a thing.

Compared to what?

(Cfimages, your false analogy betrays cognitive bias.)

It’s Fresno.

Compared to what?[/quote]
Have you ever heard of “white pride” marches? Notice how they’re populated by skinheads, neo-Nazis, Aryan Nations and KKK types?

When a socioeconomic group is on the top, rallies in its favor are dickish at best.

Amazing that this has to be pointed out in 2016 when it was well-known and patently evident in 1976.

This might help:

the1janitor.com/index.php/2016/0 … es-matter/

Jewish protestor after Kristallnacht: German Jewish Lives Matter!
Aryan German: Racist! All German lives matter.

Black protestor against school segregation in Alabama, 1954: Negro Children’s Education Matters!
White Alabaman: Racist! All Alabaman children’s education matters.

Chinese protestor, Nanjing 1937: Chinese Lives Matter!
Japanese soldier: Nationalist! All Asian lives matter.

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“rowland”]
Have you ever heard of “white pride” marches? Notice how they’re populated by skinheads, neo-Nazis, Aryan Nations and KKK types?

When a socioeconomic group is on the top, rallies in its favor are dickish at best…[/quote][/quote]

These people are on the top on your planet?

Earth is far from perfect, but it’s better than wherever you’re posting from.

[quote=“rowland”][quote=“Chris”][quote=“rowland”]

When a socioeconomic group is on the top, rallies in its favor are dickish at best…[/quote][/quote]

These people are on the top on your planet?

Earth is far from perfect, but it’s better than wherever you’re posting from.[/quote]
In the US at least, for historical reasons, white people have long held a de facto and undeserved position of power and privilege. This unfortunate power structure needs to be dismantled and replaced by a human power structure, in which everyone has equal footing. Over the last 50 years, much progress has been made, but there is still a long way to go.

When the group that happens to be socioeconomically dominant in a certain society goes out and says “What about our rights?” it is patently absurd: they already HAVE all their rights. Those who are being oppressed are the ones who have legitimate cause to say “What about our rights?”

Is it really that hard for you to understand?

[quote=“Chris”]
In the US at least, for historical reasons, white people have long held a de facto and undeserved position of power and privilege. [/quote]

Generalizing about a whole group of people like this is very, very racist. You do realize that, right?

Seriously. You are saying a lot of really bigoted things here. Shame on you.

(I’ll grant what you say is true of Al Gore or the Clintons or the staff at vox.com. But all pasty-skinned folk? For shame!)

[quote=“rowland”][quote=“Chris”]
In the US at least, for historical reasons, white people have long held a de facto and undeserved position of power and privilege. [/quote]

Generalizing about a whole group of people like this is very, very racist. You do realize that, right?

Seriously. You are saying a lot of really bigoted things here. Shame on you.[/quote]
Generalizing about WHAT group? White people? I happen to BE white.

Are you for real?

[quote=“Chris”]
Seriously. You are saying a lot of really bigoted things here. Shame on you.[/quote]
Generalizing about WHAT group? White people? I happen to BE white.

Are you for real?[/quote]

I’m for real, and I’m not your kind of white. You need to get out more, because you are way out of touch. And there’s no call to take your white liberal guilt complex out on the rest of us. We’re not you, and you’re not us.

Thank gawd.

White guilt? Please. I’m no SJW.

It’s an established fact: racism against non-white people is a problem in the US; one that needs to be solved. Ignoring or denying it will not make it go away. It needs to be countered.

It’s Fresno.[/quote]

Yeah, Fresno. Ah’m from Californy, I done drove all over that state, and once yer outta LA or San Fragcisco, in many cases, you are in meth-country, otherwise referred to as hicksville.

[quote=“Dynaflow”]
Yeah, Fresno. Ah’m from Californy, I done drove all over that state, and once yer outta LA or San Fragcisco, in many cases, you are in meth-country, otherwise referred to as hicksville.[/quote]
And they’re subject to police brutality, of the sort those of a certain ideology maintain is preserved for those better endowed with melanin.

No racial double standards from me, though. Trash is trash, and no one should get a free pass because of his skin color. If they’re going to be all social justice when the police beat up one group, then the second group has as much right to bitch and moan, for the same reason. And when they do, they’ll get the same tiny amount of sympathy from me,

Everybody’s oppressed.

Some interesting stats hitting the papers today

mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/up … tings.html

I couldn’t watch Poagao’s video past the author’s blithe usage of an interesting but not directly related graph to get past the fact of higher rates of violent crime among African-Americans, and was looking for some stats to get a clearer picture, so this is timely. I don’t find it “surprising” or “counterintuitive” based on what I do know, either about lethal or lesser forms of force.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]Some interesting stats hitting the papers today

mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/up … tings.html[/quote]
Vox had a response/semi-rebuttal to that study. This first link is about the study in particular, focusing on how that study in the NYT article focuses on what happens once a police encounter has already begun, rather than the likelihood of even being pulled over; it also goes into the limitations of the data set:
vox.com/2016/7/11/12148452/p … cism-study

And this one is more about how studies should be read - it’s something of a meta perspective on how we need to be careful when reading about research. It’s a bit of a sociology parallel to the science/health articles you always read that first say “Coffee causes cancer, study says!”, and then have follow-ups along the lines of “For Christ’s sake, learn something about statistics”:
vox.com/2016/7/11/12149468/r … tings-data

When opinions are formed on the basis of ideology and independent of facts, studies and statistics settle nothing; they just initiate a spin cycle.

Neither the NYT or Vox staff have much personal exposure to the facts on the ground.

When George Soros is linked and state media propagates a story ,you can be damn sure there is a political agenda behind it.