Who all believes / believed in the Brotherhood of Adepts?

While I, as ever, am the viceroy of

I did study him quite extensively, as a matter of fact. He wasn’t a detective (except on a few occasions when somebody brought a case for him to solve). His business card read “psychic diagnostician” (i.e., he would diagnose people’s medical ailments while in trance), and later he shifted more to past-life readings.

Mike, which kind of Rosicrucians would you want to join? AMORC? The original Bohemian Protestant tractarians?

I have a biography of Roerich at home, and can check whatever you want later. I do remember that he travelled through Central Asia (Ladakh-Xinjiang-Altai-Buryatia-Mongolia-Amdo-Tibet-Sikkim) from 1924 to 1929, and that he retired in the Kulu Valley (Himanchal Pradesh), where there is still a museum. Before this trip he lived in New York City, where there is another museum. Lots of information at their site, as well as more paintings:

roerich.org

the same people are also here:

agniyoga.org

…and you can read a couple of his books (and most of his wife’s) free on the site. I recommend Nicholas Roerich’s essay “Shambhala” as the most readable, and if you don’t mind gnomic utterances, the first couple of Agni Yoga books (Leaves from Morya’s Garden vols. I and II). Mme Blavatsky’s books are also online somewhere, and the AY founders considered themselves to be her true successors.