Who best to donate Guanxi to?

It’s best to donate Guanxi to someone who…

• Makes me laugh
  • Provides useful information
  • Backs me up in an argument/agrees with me
  • Flatters me
  • Gives support, sympathy or congratulations
  • Is a friendly and interesting personality
  • Is always polite and courteous
  • Is eloquent and provides well thought out discussions
  • Starts interesting topics
  • I’ve met in real life and I like
  • I’m trying to suck up to for some reason
  • I want to say sorry to
  • Buys me a beer

0 voters

What’s the best reason to donate Guanxi? If you donate for all sorts of reasons, please choose the best. Just curious.

Brian

I suppose it should really be option 2.

I voted for option 1.

It all depends on why an individual uses Segue – many people use it primarily as a source of info, whereas I use it purely as source of entertainment.

I don’t actually know how to give or receive guanxi but, then again, i don’t know how to quote or ignore either. I have tried but cocked it all up so i now steer well clear of these highly-technical areas.

No problem mark 0938. Let’s make a test. You press my name on to the left of this message. You will see a button “Guanxi” with a bit of hypertext below. Press the hypertext. Key “400” in the small white window. Pres enter. You should then be ok.

Chainsmoker passed some guanxi on to me once after a stupid spat between us. I later sent some on to OOScott after I got carried away with a critical post. I think passing a little guanxi on is a good may to make amends when you’ve been an ass. It makes your apology seem a little more sincere. Oh man, what a sap I’ve become. I should get some guanxi for this. lol:

I give to anyone who proves to be a quality human being. If I gave you karma/guanxi, I would have also bought you a drink in a pub.

The exception to this rule are those whom I appreciate but who don’t need my piddling guanxi.

Us poor folks who can’t even afford a title :frowning:

Yesss! It worked!!!

Tomas wrote [quote]The exception to this rule are those whom I appreciate but who don’t need my piddling guanxi.[/quote]Well perhaps just the beer would suffice :wink:

I am all in for the beer… Ahh beer. 50 guanxi points to everybody, who buy me a pint of the brown stuff at Shannon’s

Mate, you can only afford a couple of pints before you go bankrupt. Then you’ll probably keep drinking anyway to drown your sorrows after your ‘loss of karma fortune’, and wake up with a shocking hangover and a new title and new avatar, cause I’ll change em on ya :wink:

they have beer in taiwan?? :slight_smile:

Yes, when you have been a bit of an ass you give guanxi to those you have been an ass to. Tigerman has received guanxi from me on many occassions, somehow he always makes me ( not that it takes much effort) make an ass of myself.

As a Cai Niao, I have yet to receive any guanxi points from anyone. But here’s my two cents worth. I vote for someone who starts an interesting topic. For example, the guy who started Life on the MRT thread, which elicited more than 100 responses in less than 3 weeks, should get some points for creating such animated discussion. :sunglasses:

I amended the poll to include your suggestions.

Actually I was thinking of giving away my whopping stack of guanxi, but now I’ve discovered that you can buy cool stuff with it. I might even get one of those nifty avatar thingies once I can find a good one :slight_smile:

Brian

I have given guanxi for the following reasons:

-Getting more than 100 guanxi points - given to 20 recipients
-Getting 500 guanxi points from Sandman - helped fund my philanthropic efforts and earned him 10% back
-Flattery
-Being a newbie to the boards but providing meaningful posts or being very active
-Making me laugh
-My friends and people I have met offline that I like (not to say that if you haven’t gotten any from me that I don’t like you)
-Did I mention flattery?

I figure I have bought all of the effects that I want and I only need 100 guanxi points to stay comfortably afloat so I have no problems sharing my guanxi with those who deserve it according to my whims at that moment.

Imani, what did you do???

I was told that it was because I was going to share it with others. I didn’t think it was right to get that much and keep 400 of it for myself so I gave 50 of it back to Sandman for being so generous. I originally said that when I reached 200 karma/guanxi points that I’d give 100 of them away to newbies. Maybe when I reach 200 again I’ll give 100 to Boss Hogg solely on the condition that he changes his title to “The Duke of Hazzard”. I’d have to think about it, though. I can’t stand to be greedy although it was nice to appear in the top 20 of guanxi holders before I went on my shopping spree. I still hold the rank for the largest guanxi donation received…Thanks again, Sandman.

You might end up keeping that record, Imani. :wink: The mods informally agreed some time ago as a general rule to give (or take!) guanxi in increments of 10, since we have the power of whipping up infinite batches of it. Sandman must have been overwhelmed by your feminine charms and forgotten about that… :laughing:

You might end up keeping that record, Imani. :wink: The mods informally agreed some time ago as a general rule to give (or take!) guanxi in increments of 10, since we have the power of whipping up infinite batches of it. Sandman must have been overwhelmed by your feminine charms and forgotten about that… :laughing:[/quote]

As an old friend of mine called Cyril used to say “It’s better to give than to receive”.