Who cancelled Christmas!?

3 Likes

Not a fan of the American Christmas kitch that has been steadily invading the rest of Christendom (not to speak of Heathendom). If we’re going to have Christmas, let it be Armenian style…and on the Armenian date.

Saving all your merriment for Cthulhu’s birthday, eh?

1 Like

:ponder: :thinking: :ponder: :thinking: :ponder: :thinking: :ponder: :thinking: :ponder: :thinking: :ponder: :thinking: :ponder: :thinking:

Jesus is a cosmic jewish zombie.

But god jesus and the holy ghost are all the same thing?

He sent himself to get killed by people he created which he knew was gana happen because he knows everything?

Hmmm. christian logic.

Technical quibble: no, that would be heresy of some sort. Each of these (reading “God” as “God the Father”) is said to be God, but the three persons of the Trinity are distinct from one another.

But then there is only one true God, ye shall have no other God before He. I read it in a book once so it must be true.

It’s almost as if the Old Testament had a caveat that tried to prevent any other religions from popping up and assuming power so Christians tried to find a loophole when writing their fancy new bible anthology in an attempt to circumvent the rules.

On topic: I feel like the stores blew their load too early this year. Costco went hard at Christmas right after Halloween and other stores followed suit. So now that Christmas is actually upon us, nobody seems to care anymore.

Costco has 5 foot nutcrackers for sale, 18k. Christmas tree’s taller than ceiling heights.

They def screwed up.

Couple weeks ago they had a ginormous wine glass on sale (I think this made the news). The glass was around 4’ tall and probably had capacity for more than 10 gallons of liquid. I didn’t check the weight, but … that is a lot of glass.

I also love how they offer a backyard, plastic gardening shed that is probably as big as some flats here. How many Costco members have a backyard? How many have one that’s big enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GUaok2zGgg

Christmas is good fun when you have kids. Usually I can all kinds of little gifts at the local Eslite - one stop shopping. This year is terrible. I even had to ask them to bring out old displays I had seen earlier. It’s no fun buying online, especially in Taiwan with the crap websites they have here.

Silly boy. That’s to put on the roof for renting out to unsuspecting students.

6 Likes

What does Armenian Christmas look like? Sorry, but I’m envisioning something like a Borat sketch.

Coptic Christmas is better…all the Bobal’ki you can eat.

Are you sure that’s right?

I’m pretty sure they serve the vegetarian variety…biscuits with poppy seeds and honey. The other kind does sound good though.

I love Christmas. What’s up with all the negativity? Santa’s coming Saturday with our son’s remote control tank. Nice meal with the family later in the day. Calling home to my parents probably at gift unwrapping. It’s a good time to start thinking of the new year, family, things that were and that will be. Okay, I’m about to lose it so I’ll just stop here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwacxSnc4tI

5 Likes

Why did you have to come and ruin our thread with all your…positivity?!? :grin:

2 Likes

I’m with Coldplay on this one:

When you’re still waiting for the snow to fall
It doesn’t really feel like Christmas at at all

Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1rYmzQ8C9Q

1 Like

What a great way to teach your son about peace on earth! Let’s blast the peace right out of Christmas with a remote controlled tank. Way to go marasan!

What is your (anyone reading this) Christmas budget like for gifts?

I think I shall buy myself a Nintendo Switch :upside_down_face: