Who Have You Seen Live in Concert?

That was one of the best non-Dead shows I ever saw! :sunglasses:

The ā€˜has seen the Violent Femmes in a previous lifeā€™ club!

Cro Mags
Bad Brains
Black Flag
Metallica
Prince
Nirvana
BB King
James Brown
The Cure
Skinny Puppy
The Tea Party
Einsturzende neubauten
Test Department
Coil
Matthew Good
DOA
Buddy Guy
Black Sabbath
White Zombie
Ministry
Manson
NIN

Buddy Guy
BB King
Albert King
John Lee Hooker
Albert Collins
Eric Clapton
SRV
Jeff Beck
Dr. John
Steve Morse
Genesis
Journey
Bob Seger
Kansas
Alice Cooper
Violent Femmes
Pogues
Paul McCartney
The Firm
Robert Plant
Hall and Oates
Tears for Fears
Cranberries
Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper
Spinal Tap
ZZ Top

Thatā€™s all that immediately come to mind

I love live music.

My first good concert was Bonnie Raitt (in1972)

I started going to a lot of concerts in 1977 Led Zeppelin and Lynyrd Skynyrd were the most memorable that year. Queen was the only concert where most of the audience stood on their seats and sang along for most of the concert.

The Grateful Dead in the Bay area is an event. Iā€™m not a big fan of the band, but what they did was incredible.

I saw AC/DC three times in the late 70s and they were the best live act I saw at the time.

I had my New Wave and Punk period; The Talking Heads RULED, Elvis Costello and The B-52s were great. Joe Jackson and REM (Murmur tour, so they didnā€™t have much material) were real disappointments.

The best of the punk bands were Dead Kennedyā€™s, Black Flag, Millions of Dead Cops, Jodie Fosterā€™s Army, Meat Puppets, DOA, Free Beer, and Flipper (good at being bad ā€“ their schtick was to piss off the crowd).

In the summer of 1982 I saw 130 bands. The following year I saw 85.

I went to David Bowie, The Police and Stevie Ray Vaughan within two weeks.

I stayed for two shows of Ray Charles one night.

Saw the Stones in South Africa. Nina Hagen in Brazil . . .

I WISH I could have seen The Who, Elvis, Chuck Berry, The Sex Pistols, Son House, Bruce Spingsteen and Bob Dylan at their best. Iā€™d like to have witnessed Gary Glitter at one of his Christmas shows, too.

Itā€™s a shame that itā€™s so expensive to go to concerts nowadays.

Been going to shows since I was about 13.
Seen pretty much every prog rock, punk, new wave and jazz band that toured the UK at one point or other from about 1972 until 1988. Plus Slade, Mud and The Sweet.

Man, I would have given anything to see the Sweet. Glam rock at itā€™s finest :slight_smile:

Damn, weā€™re getting old

Metallica
U2 (first big band ever, they sucked live during the Rattle and Hum period)
Midnight Oil (second big band ever, and were much better than U2)
Nomeansno
All
John Farnham
Gw McLennan
Pantera
John Spencer Blues Explosion
The Dirty Three
Shihad
Straitjacket fits
The Stranglers
Joe Satriani (he played his boring guitar wank after The Stranglers)
Biohazard
Dragon

Heaps of small and big bands that I canā€™t remember right now.

Some on the Never to be Fulfilled Wishlist: The Clash, The Who, Stiff Little Fingers (around the hanx! Period) and Hunters and Collectors.

Oh, that reminds me of having seen Pat Metheny, dressed in pajamas surrounded by candles. But that wasnā€™t the biggest snoozer of a show Iā€™ve been to. That credit goes to the Tibetan monks I saw at my university: 90 minuts of droning and bell ringing. :snore:

And I forgot to mention SRV before. Damn, that guy could play. :notworthy:

[quote]Bob Dylan (multiple shows)
Neil Young (multiple shows)
The Band
Richard Manuel + [color=red]Rick Danko[/color] (My girlā€™s band opened for them and we all got stoned after the show) [/quote]

Ok, now I am impressed with you.

Anyone ever see Zappa? Iā€™d have quite enjoyed that.

Saw them on their last tour in 1998. Maybe even their final show. Byron Bay. It was a night.

[quote=ā€œTomHillā€][quote]Bob Dylan (multiple shows)
The Band
Richard Manuel + [color=red]Rick Danko[/color] (My girlā€™s band opened for them and we all got stoned after the show) [/quote]

Anyone ever see Zappa? Iā€™d have quite enjoyed that.[/quote]
Me. Palais de Sports, Paris 1976. You would have. And Knebworth in 1978. I was wearing a green mohawk and riding an 800cc motorbike. 20. Fucking. Years. Old.

Fuck. Iā€™m ancient. :frowning:

[quote=ā€œsandmanā€][quote=ā€œTomHillā€][quote]Bob Dylan (multiple shows)
The Band

Anyone ever see Zappa? Iā€™d have quite enjoyed that.[/quote]
Me. Palais de Sports, Paris 1976. You would have. And Knebworth in 1978. I was wearing a green mohawk and riding an 800cc motorbike. 20. Fucking. Years. Old.

Fuck. Iā€™m ancient. :frowning:[/quote]

I was 2 in 1976. But even then I was a smart young pup. Hats off to Sandy for seeing the Zappa.

Oh, that reminds me of having seen Pat Metheny, dressed in pajamas surrounded by candles. But that wasnā€™t the biggest snoozer of a show Iā€™ve been to. That credit goes to the Tibetan monks I saw at my university: 90 minuts of droning and bell ringing. :snore:

And I forgot to mention SRV before. Damn, that guy could play. :notworthy:[/quote]

The monks are acid, not pot. :sunglasses:

And speaking of acid:
Baba Olatunjiā€™s drums of passion!

And Hamza El Din (considered the father of modern Nubian music) saw him during the drums portion of a GD show, he and MIckey Hart playing small hand drums; one of the most incredible musical experiences of my life

Some of the best shows Iā€™ve seen:

Rush
Neil Young and Crazy Horse
Yes
Jethro Tull
Faith No More
Pennywise
Rollins Band
RHCP
Soundgarden
Cadillac Tramps
Eric Clapton
Edgar and Johnny Winter

I was also at an Elvis concert, although in the womb. (Iā€™m sure I was groovinā€™ thoughā€¦)

Some of the bands I truly wish I could have seen in their prime:

Black Sabbath
Uriah Heep
Jethro Tull
Led Zeppelin
Deep Purple
Alice Cooper
Pink Floyd
KISS
Supertramp
Jimi Hendrix
King Crimson
Bad Religion
Janeā€™s Addiction
Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass

[quote=ā€œMerā€]I was also at an Elvis concert, although in the womb. (Iā€™m sure I was groovinā€™ thoughā€¦)

[/quote]

I was at a Jethro Tull concert and my mom felt me kicking in time with the music inside her bellyā€¦

I remember NOT seeing the Red Hot Chilli Peppers at either Virgin 2000 or the Carling Festival because they were very boring and I had a backstage pass and therefore access to a huge quantity of booze and grub. Didnā€™t bother going out to see Blur either. If it had been Zappa I would have. Blur sounded quite good though from 50 feet behind the stage.

I wish I could have seen Zappa, he is my hero. Iā€™m listening to ā€˜Hot Ratsā€™ right now.

Metallica x 3 (first concert ever too)
Pearl Jam
Marilyn Manson (awesome theatrics)
Creed x 2
Everclear
Local H x 5
Better Than Ezra x 3
Green Day
Fuel
Matthew Sweet
No Doubt
Dave Matthews Band (I was forced to go by an ex-gf)
Jewel (forced to go by same ex-gf, Jewel is quite a yodel-er)
New Found Glory x 3
Dashboard Confessional
The Beach Boys (I believe it was 2 of the original members, some of their sons, and others)
Jimmy Buffet

I know thereā€™s more, but Iā€™m drawing a blank right now. And Iā€™ve seen too many hardcore bands perform live to list, though I guess theyā€™re considered ā€œshowsā€, not concerts. A few of my favorites:

One King Down
Shai Hulud
From Autumn to Ashes
Snapcase
Bane

I would have loved to have seen:

Alice In Chains
Stone Temple Pilots
Skid Row (or Sebastian Bach when he was touring with a new band playing Skid Row songs, missed it 3 times)

Hot Rats is without doubt the best Zappa out there.

[quote=ā€œtwocsā€][quote=ā€œMerā€]
I was also at an Elvis concert, although in the womb. (Iā€™m sure I was groovinā€™ thoughā€¦)[/quote]

I was at a Jethro Tull concert and my mom felt me kicking in time with the music inside her bellyā€¦[/quote]
What year? Which tour?