Who is a reputable Kung Fu master in Taiwan?

Lucky for him this isn’t a CV and he isn’t looking for a job then I suppose.

Hi, upin’ this post because I have the same problem that this guy has, I found a lot of qi gong and tai chi teachers (in the parks in Taipei), and that’s what a monk told me to do if I want to learn Kung Fu, to look for masters teaching in the parks. But actually I went early in the morning in different parks, and never seen any Kung Fu master teaching. Could you, if it’s not a problem for you, aswell send me your contact (Kung Fu guy as you call him).

when you snatch this pebble…

Kung Fu is a lot more rare in Taiwan than I expected. I thought I would see schools or something everywhere, but not really.

Yeah plenty of Tae kwon do… love to see more Kung fu.

One of the regulars here at Mosa is skilled (somewhat) in temple fighting. It’s an option anyway.

There is a Wing Chun master in Neihu who used to teach in DaAn Park. He runs a Beef noodle shop in neihu and, after opening the 拳館 (martial arts school? Idk how to translate that) down the street from his shop, stoped teaching in the park. He’s from Hong Kong and he and his brother trained with the early masters there. His brother opened a school in LA. I think they’re both called “Top Fight Wing Chun”. Anyway, the 師傅 is getting old, so he sticks to beef noodle making and leaves the teaching to his students. I know someone who trained there some ten years ago and they would train for hours a day, every day, so heads up, they expect commitment.

Thank you for your testimony, was cool to read really.
Do you think it would be inappropriate from me, to go meet him and ask him if he has former students teaching Kung Fu that would teach me ?
And if you think it isn’t inappropriate, could you give me the place I could find this master ?
I’m sorry if I use bad words or syntax, I’m not used to speak about those kind of subjects and it can quite look like I’m looking for a Pokemon. But it’s not i respect af these traditions, and I want to discover them more deeply

As far as I know they are very welcoming to new students. You can check out their Facebook and send them a message or call before heading over there: https://m.facebook.com/TOP-FIGHT-WING-CHUN-128832397132107/

Stop by the noodle shop and try 師傅 (shifu)’s beef noodles while you’re at it. They’re quite something. (I have no idea what the shop’s name is, but it’s on the way to the 拳館(quanguan) from the MRT. )

I don’t know the details, but there is a school which I believe is in the Wing Chun tradition and the Shifu has some sort of familial and/or student/master connection either to Bruce Lee or Ip Man. However, I was told by someone here in another thread who was a former student that he might not be keen on adult beginner non-Chinese speakers and might refer me to that guy. I never followed up, and this is from memory so the details could be wrong. The school is still there. It’s on Roosevelt past TaiDa going towards ShiDa Road just past that big road with the underpass (Xinshen?). It’s past the China Trust, further past the Japanese noodle place, but before the Hi-life and Fubon Bank. There’s a small sign at the front with pictures. Best I can do from memory. If you do learn anything there please report back. I’d like to know more.