Who paid for your ARC?

Who paid for your ARC?

• I did.
  • My employer did.
  • Other (a combination of both? please explain)

0 voters

When I got my first paycheck recently, I discovered that I paid for my own ARC and it was a quite a hefty fee, too. I was wondering if this is standard across buxibans in Taiwan, of if my school is just cheap.

Thanks in advance.

It’s only NT$1000.

If that’s true, then something’s fishy, because my employer deducted significantly more. Though it’s possible I’m missing something. Thanks for you the info.

1000/year, so if you are on a 2-year contract, it will be 2000.

[quote=“Spidercrab”]When I got my first paycheck recently, I discovered that I paid for my own ARC and it was a quite a hefty fee, too. I was wondering if this is standard across buxibans in Taiwan, of if my school is just cheap.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

There should be no deduction from your pay for an ARC. You should have paid directly for it or your employer would have covered it for you. It is not standard, how the hell did they deduct a fee for your ARC? You have to go to the office So what is up? Do you even have an ARC?

Standard rate is 1000/year. Next year I get a renewal for a marriage ARC, I pay 3000 for 3 years. In the past I paid for my own ARC fees. I was in country, didn’t take a plane ticket deal or anything else an agent offered. So paying the fee should be alright but you should pay in person. I am 90% sure they are trying to fuck you. Protect yourself.

Do you mean your ARC or the work permit?

To get your ARC is when you went down to the affairs office and filled in the form, your photos, a work permit from school and 1000nt to some lovely person who says come back in a week and get your pretty ARC. This is usually done by yourself.

Or do you mean when the school applied for a work permit allowing you to work at that school?

Thanks for the replies. I think it’s either the work permit, or they’re trying to fuck me. The deduction is labeled as “ARC” on my pay stub, but that could be a mistake.

How much did they deduct?

Hey Spidercrab
FYI my accounting: if your talking just your ACR, I did everything myself and just picked mine up on the 20th, the total cost for the ACR for me was $3200. (of course, someone at Immigration could have fleeced $2200 from me, but everything did seemed standard…).

Of course, there was the $1800 for health check and the $2200 for the visa.

I got mine for 100 Baht in Patpong Road, same as always. That’s what a visa run is for, see?

my company paid for it.

The work permit is quite expensive, so it’s possible that they charge you for that. It’s in the region of NT$20k depending on what the accountant puts on top of the government fees.

I paid for mine along with my work permit at one school I worked at. They were shocked that I had no idea how to get a work permit All the others had organized and paid for these. If I remember correctly, the first school I worked for also paid for my health check.

my work paid for everything