Who to hell is Douglas Paal?

[quote]So the next missile crisis ala 1996, all of you will not have a word to say about whether the US “should do something!” and when the carriers come to rescue the American citizenry, you will stand back and say, “wow I guess the US government does something for its citizens after all, wish we could go, but the US is only taking US citizens. Too bad for us.” Right. You’ll all be in the front of the line.
[/quote]
Oh of course, just like they did in 1996. There was a blackhawk on the roof of AIT, not!
As I recall my family couldn’t get on a flight out, even on the American airlines and tickets prices went off the chart.
Luckily for all it never came inland.

TWpatriot wants to help Taiwan defend herself. I think he could best do that by supporting the US 7th fleet (which is the tool that will probably make or break any Mainland-Taiwan conflict). Maybe he could help out the US 7th fleet by being…oh, I dunno…a camp follower? :laughing:

Oh for Christ’s sake Boomer:

My point is that everyone was demanding the US do something and not just Americans in 1996 and whenever there has been trouble any where in the world (war, famine, floods, earthquakes, etc.) the US government has never? come to rescue everyone? and not just US citizens? like when?

As to running away in 1996, sorry you could not get a flight. Even my little sister stayed through the whole thing with nary a though of “refugeeing to Macon” but then she is blonde and quite a little hottie so perhaps she would have become the new communist governor-general’s wife? or better yet mistress? I don’t know but I figure our family’s luck has just gotta change one of these days. hahah

Dear Bane and rest of US patriots,

At first I am not German or French.Actually I am half British.But grow up in Europe and live now in Taiwan.

And I reject your policy in Asia at all.In Europe nobody really needs the US.Euro is a strong currency and Russia became a partner of security in Europe.And the NATO is only a play ball by the US ( which pay 95%) and the UK(3%).Since the Iraq war are UN security cuncil and NATO useless.You guys just do want you want to do.And even your best allied the British you treat so bad.I can renember that so many British soldiers died in a called “friendly” fire.That’s the world imperialist USA.

Then let’s look at the pacific region.
Japan fucked you and fucked them back with the worlds massic destruction weapon on civilian people.But same as Germany you did not turned the society there to a full demoncracy state.Japan still does not want to pay for its war crime, but gets full US security protection at the same time.

You helped the Koreans under an UN solution, but allowed a generalissimo regime at the same time, which set the people brutal under pressure.Now it is getting better there, but you still making policy without asking the local people.
And the way how American people and soldier in Korea are doing is deeply arrogant.Like last time a tank commander who is only 21 years drove the tank to fast and killed two pupils in an age on 13 and 14.After the US law the commander cannot be punished.They let him free.Do you really think that it is justice?
And Koreans living in the US are not treated so nice.During the winter games in Salt Lake City a Korean was the clear winner in skying, but the gold medal went to a white American.So far with fair play in American sports.
The same happened in Japan.But Japan is almost your good dog in Asia.

And your Taiwan policy is an absulut disaster!
At first the US supported the Republic of China in mainland China.But Tschiang Kai Shek had no social basics in China.The ROC was a country of big corruption and social unjustice.
After Japan lost the war and under UK and USA force they returned Taiwan,because it has stragically key position in a possibal war with China,Korea and later during the vietnam war.
The Japanese built up in Taiwan a modern socitey with a low crime rate and no corruption.Taiwanese were not equal to Japanese, but faier than ever before.
After the ROC troops entered Taiwan in 1945 everything suddenly changed in Taiwan.The KMT were facist a la Mussolini ( who was actually a good friend of Tschiang Kai Shek).Taiwanese spoke Taiwanese,Japanese and Hakka at this time.At school every student who spoke in his/her own language got punishned bloodly fro not speaking Chinese Madarine.
The old infrastructure and elite which worked the Japanese pretty well, was suddenly erased by the KMT.The situation exploaded in the “1947/8/22” affair…then ROC soldiers killed 20 000 Taiwanese civilians. and until 1989 Taiwan was ruled under the white terror of martial law of the ROC.

and so long the ROC was a member of the UN…The ROC treated China pretty bad,too.During the culture revelution medical help was really needed from the WHO.Milliions of Chinese people died.But USA,ROC,UK and France did not except China as own independent state.Millions of people died for what? For your idea of a world of demoncracy which supported countries which were actually dictatorships??? That it is not mine dream of a peacefull world.

And the 7th fleet helped the ROC to let Kinmen and Matsu undercontrole for Tschiang Kai Shek. These two islands are part of China! Why helped the US to defend two useless islands which were planed to conquer China back some day.

In 1978 you turned diplomatic ties to PR China, which I think was correct.How can the world ignore a country of 1,1billion people ,because of the ideas of Generalissimo Tschiang?

The US troops left Taiwan and opposion politicans became free.So fast and better and demoncracy be without uncle sam.

Taiwan became at least Taiwananse in a strong resistance against the chinese who occupied Taiwan.The DPP as first oppostional party won more and more election instand without US help, but price of own blood and life.Like the first lady…

They made something strange called “Taiwan relations act”, which the lost war in vietname showed means anything but arm sale of for you old,useless military stuff.For over high prices of course…

In 1996 this relaction act became a first time a real face.But was has happened.A presidencial candidate named Bill Clinton visited Taiwan.He said he supports Taiwan or ROC’s demoncacry.He even encourage the former Taipei mayor Chen Shui-Bian to go his way…his way for Taiwan’s best.

The first Taiwanese borned president Lee Teng-Hui allowed the first free presidencial election in history of Taiwan.The communist Chinese drove nutts, because Taiwan wants to be Taiwan and not anymore old oppenent from next door…the cold war was over suddenly…even for the Chinese.The old generalissimo is dead…Now are all concerns about the end of the ROC and the rebirth of a Republic of Taiwan ( Taiwan was in 1895 first republic in asia, before Japanese took it over).

In China one of the 20 generals went mad and fired missles on Taiwan’s coast.They must feel very helpless to use force instand of nationalism and preaching of Chinese blood.Because the people ,the Taiwanese, want peace.

So what was this president of the US to do?He sent two air-craft carriers in the Taiwan-strait.but prevent at the same time the end of the ROC.

In March 2000 won this former mayor Chen Shui-Bian the presidential elections.At this time were no air-craft carriers in the Taiwan-Strait and no chinese missles in Taiwan’s coast.
Even the Chinese are now underpressure of the trade ties and investment between Taiwan and China.Same as the Taiwanese are no longer Chinese, the Chinese a no longer Communist.It is one party dictatorship, but do really think Texas is a liberal state if the democratics have to hide in a hotel?

After 2001 TSU and DPP got half the seats ( but not majority) in 2003 people and government want real demoncracy which is including referendums to decide over own future.

And here must a fat ass names Mr.Paal open his big mouth and say"Sorry no demoncracy and referendums for Asia".And the Ait and US government are making great business here.More and more Europeans are leaving because they are losing bids to us companies.The Taiwanese are in military and trade contigent to the US.

But you still do want to see that Taiwanese do not want a war with China.Taiwanese do want to involve with war against Iraq or Terrorism…We want peace,liberty,stability,justice for our won.

We belong not just to the US…we bleong the whole world…why do treat us like your Asia’s dog underline? Are we not the suns and daughters of the lord who loves us all?

Do you really think the father in heaven has given you the right to judge about 3,5 billion asian people.And why do you treat the Europeans so nice?They even can reject your plans of war and you still smile at the Germans and French…is because they are white?

No matter what you think of Taiwan or me…I will not put my hands in my pocket and wait that unle sam will change his mind on day or not.I want to give my children a better future…an own peacefull,liberal,lovely country…which not pollute itself for commercial concerns.

And if the Chinese really will attack us…no chinese soldiers will find a safe place to sleep,no clean water or food…and if I will die…I will die as a free man…in his moments of a free nation.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: … 'Nuff said … at least Jason Lin’s spelling and grammar is better … I could understand his drivel …

Don’t worry, I’m sure all of the posters (or should I call them geo-politics experts?) on this thread will be fighting by your side. Either that, or lining up at the airport to head off to some other country…

Hate it when there’s no coffee in the office.

Dear twpatriot,

:shock:

DB

[quote=“Durins Bane”]Dear twpatriot,

:shock:

DB[/quote]

Yeah, now I understand why they told him he’s… um… too tall to join the Taiwanese Army.

[quote=“TWpatriot”]Japan fucked you and fucked them back with the worlds massic destruction weapon on civilian people.But same as Germany you did not turned the society there to a full demoncracy state.Japan still does not want to pay for its war crime, but gets full US security protection at the same time.

You helped the Koreans under an UN solution, but allowed a generalissimo regime at the same time, which set the people brutal under pressure.
Blah… blah… you blah blah you[/quote]
Who are you talking to?
Uncle Sam?

What are you talking about? I didn’t even read your whole other post. What are you getting on about? So the US as a nation did a bunch of shitty things. So what? What are you gonna do about it? Kill a bunch of mainland Chinese?

Are you sure you aren’t talking about Speed Skating, where the Korean finished first but was disqualified because he laned over (in otherwise, broke the rules) in the American’s lane? Clear winners in speed skating don’t lean over in a competitor’s lane.

Taiwan Patriot:

Nevermind if your English is not perfect. This is a place to exchange ideas, and you are certainly entitled to do so. I do notice that you are somewhat sensitive to racism from Whites. You certainly are not the only one to disagree with US foreign policy and you have made some interesting points. I cannot help but be curious though as to your relationship with your British father. I assume your mother is Taiwanese. Was this a problem for you growing up in Taiwan? Not Chinese enough for the locals, not White enough for the foreign community? Is your father still living in Taiwan? That might be an interesting view to discuss. I am curious.

[quote=“Flicka”][quote=“TWpatriot”]
And Koreans living in the US are not treated so nice.During the winter games in Salt Lake City a Korean was the clear winner in skying, but the gold medal went to a white American.So far with fair play in American sports.
[/quote]

Are you sure you aren’t talking about Speed Skating, where the Korean finished first but was disqualified because he laned over (in otherwise, broke the rules) in the American’s lane? Clear winners in speed skating don’t lean over in a competitor’s lane.[/quote]

Not to be picky, because I do appreciate the passion in TWpatriot’s post, but I think that the Korean was disqualified and a Japanese won, not an American. The Koreans were angry because the event, of course, occured in America and they assumed the judge who made the decision was American (I believe the man was Australian). In any case, it is just a minor point.

[quote=“HakkaSonic”][quote=“Flicka”][quote=“TWpatriot”]
[/quote]

Are you sure you aren’t talking about Speed Skating, where the Korean finished first but was disqualified because he laned over (in otherwise, broke the rules) in the American’s lane? Clear winners in speed skating don’t lean over in a competitor’s lane.[/quote]

Not to be picky, because I do appreciate the passion in TWpatriot’s post, but I think that the Korean was disqualified and a Japanese won, not an American. The Koreans were angry because the event, of course, occured in America and they assumed the judge who made the decision was American (I believe the man was Australian). In any case, it is just a minor point.[/quote]
No, he was correct, the event was short-track speed skating, the Korean was disqualified, and the American, Apolo Ohno, was given the gold medal. I have no idea who the judge was. Koreans claimed that the judge disqualified their skater so that Ohno would win and bring more attention to the sport.

archives.seattletimes.nwsource.c … Apolo+Ohno

BTW, Ohno is at least half Japanese (from his father). Not sure which ethnicity his mother was (she apparently hasn’t had contact with her ex-husband or son for years), but possibly Greek.

Yeah, that’s right. He is part Japanese, which made it even worse for the Koreans, given that there is great hostility toward Japan. I remember reading about a survey in which Koreans were asked who they hated most, and Ohno was among the leading candidates (c’mon, HE wasn’t the judge).

[quote=“HakkaSonic”][quote=“Flicka”][quote=“TWpatriot”]
[/quote]

Not to be picky, because I do appreciate the passion in TWpatriot’s post, but I think that the Korean was disqualified and a Japanese won, not an American. The Koreans were angry because the event, of course, occured in America and they assumed the judge who made the decision was American (I believe the man was Australian). In any case, it is just a minor point.[/quote]

The Koreans need to grow the hell up. In the 1988 Olympics, which was held in Seoul, Roy Jones Jr. was robbed of a gold medal after beating the shit out of his Korean opponent. It wasn’t even close. He beat the holy shit out of the guy. Unless they were giving the Korean guy points for how many times his face hit Jones’ gloves, there was no way to call it anything other than a lopsided defeat. This was a much more obvious corrupt fuck-up than anything that happened in the Utah skating race.

Jones, who is the current middle and light heavyweight champion of the world, is still trying to get his gold medal today, although I’m sure Koreans don’t – and never did – spend much time talking about it.

The Story

[quote=“Cold Front”][quote=“HakkaSonic”][quote=“Flicka”][quote=“TWpatriot”]
[/quote]

The Koreans need to grow the hell up. In the 1988 Olympics, which was held in Seoul, Roy Jones Jr. was robbed of a gold medal after beating the shit out of his Korean opponent. It wasn’t even close. He beat the holy shit out of the guy. Unless they were giving the Korean guy points for how many times his face hit Jones’ gloves, there was no way to call it anything other than a lopsided defeat. This was a much more obvious corrupt fuck-up than anything that happened in the Utah skating race.

Jones, who is the current middle and light heavyweight champion of the world, is still trying to get his gold medal today, although I’m sure Koreans don’t – and never did – spend much time talking about it.

The Story[/quote]

Holy cripes. people make 200,000 USD for being an IOC member. dang, how do i get in on the scam?

[quote=“Cold Front”]
The Koreans need to grow the hell up. In the 1988 Olympics, which was held in Seoul, Roy Jones Jr. was robbed of a gold medal after beating the shit out of his Korean opponent. It wasn’t even close. He beat the holy shit out of the guy. Unless they were giving the Korean guy points for how many times his face hit Jones’ gloves, there was no way to call it anything other than a lopsided defeat. This was a much more obvious corrupt fuck-up than anything that happened in the Utah skating race.[/quote]

I don’t think there is any evidence of corruption in the speed skating controversey in Salt Lake City, is there?

HakkaSonic –

I shouldn’t have implied that corruption was a part of both cases.

My point was that the 1988 scandal is far worse than what happened in Utah. The 1988 scandal involves a Korean boxer against an American, a wealthy Korean bribing boxing officials, and it happened in Korea.

Yet Korean don’t do any soul-searching over this incident and Americans, with the exception of Roy Jones and a few boxing aficionados, have largely forgotten it – and they forgot it rather quickly.

[quote=“Cold Front”]HakkaSonic –

I shouldn’t have implied that corruption was a part of both cases.

My point was that the 1988 scandal is far worse than what happened in Utah. The 1988 scandal involves a Korean boxer against an American, a wealthy Korean bribing boxing officials, and it happened in Korea.

Yet Korean don’t do any soul-searching over this incident and Americans, with the exception of Roy Jones and a few boxing aficionados, have largely forgotten it – and they forgot it rather quickly.[/quote]

I just wasn’t sure if there was any corruption involved in the speed-skating incident. It’s not as though no Koreans were caught in scandals at the Salt Lake City Olympics:

canoe.ca/SlamOlympicScandal/jul11_son.html