Who wears a smartwatch?

I have too many things, and probably still fewer things that many other people. My smartphone does all what I need it to do: give me access to Forumosa.

1 Like

I use a xiaomi mi band for everything health related. You can wear it on the different hand of the watch, it’s small enough to not be a watch.

I don’t even wear a watch anymore having the time available on the cell phone

1 Like

Just throw it out!

1 Like

I went from “considering” to owning a Ticwatch E Shadow (black) bought at a store in Taipei for NT$5480 (US$178) including 1 extra charger value NT$1000. Amazing good price and one of the best available. It’s my starter watch to see if I like smartwatches.

Reviews coming.

1 Like

I am interested in the Samsung Galaxy Watch but where can you demo the watch in a store?

At least Apple has stores with every phone and watch on display to try out but I would never buy one they are far too expensive.

Doesn’t the Samsung store have it to check out?

I was thinking of going to Guang Hua Digital Plaza to see if they do.

And eat at the Indian restaurant nearby MIK (Mayur Indian kitchen)

1 Like

I think they have it, I was looking at one before but not at the Samsung store at Guang Hua. It’s a nice looking watch.

Samsung is great watch, but not Android software and not compatible with Android app store apps if that matters to you.

Stores are around to demo including big one in ATT4FUN.

1 Like

Yeap Samsung is using their own Tizen OS and not google Wear OS so they are a bit light on apps.

THere’s a new Samsung concept store in Xinyi at ATT4FUN if you want to see all the new Samsung gadgets.

Syntrend has a big Samsung store first floor it is usually the first place to get the newest model on release date. The big wide screen monitors in there are amazing.

Do they have phones and watches on display?

Everything on display and friendly.

1 Like

Does a smartwatch need a microsim to use it’s GPS to track running for if you don’t have your phone in your pocket?

No. Most of them have GPS built in especially the fitness-focused ones.

Mine has GPS and can use Bluetooth headphones while running. Also has Wi-Fi so can pause at any Wi-Fi location and connect up. It automatically connects now when passing Starbucks which has free wi-fi with the same password all over Taiwan.

I love not having to rely on your phone/music player when exercising to track your activities or listen to music.
I am pretty sold, just want to see the difference on the 42mm and 46mm models in person then buy one off PCHOME24 haha.

Samsung is pretty robust but whatever brand you buy make sure it has on-board music storage capabilities. I also like to listen to audiobooks and podcasts on smartwatch without carrying phone.